Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 679 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you know that I had a motor mount Group Buy a few years back. That project was taken over by BobK (eK2). After a few years laying back, I have decided to get back into that arena. I have redesigned my original set. Although similar to my original set, this new set differs in many aspects. I have included in this venture your choice of polyurethane. Shore 70 (softer) or Shore 80 (harder) or Shore 90 (hard like solids)
Also changes are Snap ring retainers. Keeps the poly from walking out. Also allows for changing out the poly in the future for harder or softer applications.
These are laser cut from .188" mild steel, and professionally TIG welded.

I know Bobk has a group buy going on right now. He makes an excellent product. And I know that GTPro is coming out with some also. Great! More options for the consumers. I am making these and will offer them along with all the other makers in here.

I'm offering these for an introductory price of $250 per set. Thats right! complete motor mount replacements for $250. NO CORES. Plug and play! I need an interest of 15 people to make this happen.

Add your name to the list if you are interested.

I also wanted to say that I will be going in for back surgery (spinal fusion L4-L5) on 24th June. I will be off work for several months and I need something to build while I'm off! Not to mention a source of income. :)

Let me know who's interested! Thanks

Paul

·
rock on, yeah rock on
4,270 Posts
1.spfan

i will for sure get a set of these if bob doesn't come through. seems like his project stalled. hell, even so, i'm not in a huge hurry so i may just decide to save $100. any pictures of these or past ones? (yeah i know, i'll search tomorrow). do you have a rough time frame these could be done by? (cash in hand)

edit: as far as the varying stiffness you offer, do you have anything to compare them to for someone that has never had the chance of riding in a car with poly's? let alone know what stiffness that poly was? or if stock mounts were 0, and solids were a 10, where would the stiffness' you mentioned fall into line? just a thought. thanks.

·
Parts Everywhere!!
1,407 Posts
Haven't heard from Bob and I've been harassing you for a while now about these! Whats your time frame cause I need them bad :)

·
1,101 Posts
Not to hi-jack this thread but what happened to your Tubular SubFrame you are working on?

·
Man thats fast
335 Posts
I'll take a set. How will payment be done? % not and % when done? GL on the back sur. My father in law is in the same boat except he is perminently disabled.

1+ for pics as well.

1. spfan
2. BjornRune - Shore 80
3. Ducky - Shore 80

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HI Max,

I have it done. I just recently got back into another vr4, so now I can do testing. However, tomorrow morning I will be in surgery get two of my vertebrae fused together. I'm not sure how long I will be down. Hopefully not to long as I have this project I want to kick off and some others. I need to get well, I don't have disability insurance and 2 months off work will not help my checking account. :)

I'll let everyone know when I'm getting into the testing phase.

Paul

·
1,101 Posts
HI Max,

I have it done. I just recently got back into another vr4, so now I can do testing. However, tomorrow morning I will be in surgery get two of my vertebrae fused together. I'm not sure how long I will be down. Hopefully not to long as I have this project I want to kick off and some others. I need to get well, I don't have disability insurance and 2 months off work will not help my checking account. :)

Paul
anyway to get some pics at the minimum?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Below are a couple of pics from the design stage. The final product will vary just slightly.

this is a pic of how the poly is secured via snap rings.

More pics later

Paul

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyway to get some pics at the minimum?
pics of the k- member?

I had a teaser pic in my avatar for a while. Not ready to release full pics just yet. You understand right? Too many.. right click..save as people, like me out there!

soon as I recover

Paul

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
HI Max,

Paul
Sounds good Paul. Good luck on the surgery. Hopefully everything goes smooth and you'll be up and around without problem. And that's a good idea on the snap rings for the poly mounts.

BTW, any idea on the weight savings vs. the stock K-member?

Max

·
All crew to the lifepods!
240 Posts
I'm in. Also in for K-Member pics, I just bough a used one for repairs an realized what heavy piece it is. Rear subframe as well for that matter.
Hope your surgery went well, a friend just had 2 spinal disks removed.

1. spfan
2. BjornRune - Shore 80
3. Ducky - Shore 80
4. TiberiusTribun - Shore 80

·
Cabana Boy
2,105 Posts
Def interested. mine are original and shot, should have replaced on one of the engine rebuilds :), but they were out of price range after the other damage was done, lol.

I'm guessing the 70 will be like a OEM feel and the 80 is a nice medium between stock and solid?

Butch

1. spfan
2. BjornRune - Shore 80
3. Ducky - Shore 80
4. TiberiusTribun - Shore 80
5. vr4operator - Shore 80

1 - 20 of 679 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.