Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to a bodyshop(it's about 50km away from my house) and it was so busy(was rush hour when I was coming back). When I came home, I went to a grocery like 15 minites later. So I started my car up and turned heater at same time and rpm goes down to 500-600 for like 1 minute. Later, everything is fine, when I put to neutral, idle same as usual.
This happened to me 2 consecutive times:(
What would be cause of this problem? Please help me, thanx

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Mines been doing the same thing, one minute its fine the next minute its going nuts and dieing.

I checked my IAC and TPS and both were fine, then finally I got a engine light. My O2 sensor is going bad, and when it does that the car starts getting signals from the TPS instead of the O2 sensor to control A/F ratio.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx man!

thanx for your idea. But today everything was fine like before.
Should I still have to check?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Only things that come to mind:

1) IAC motor
2) Vacuum hose
3) Spark plugs / wires

·
Wizard of NOS
1,047 Posts
Re: thanx man!

chunsangp said:
thanx for your idea. But today everything was fine like before.
Should I still have to check?
Mine does the same thing, one day it will be fine and the next day it will die everytime I stop for a red light.

Mine has be doing it on and off for about 2 months, about every three days it will start acting up. But instead of spending $350 for a IAC I wanted to know for sure.

The reason mine acts up speraticly is because my O2 sensor didnt just die. Its slowly dieing, and when the voltage on it starts going under a certian mark it will idel and run rough.

Give it a couple of days and watch what it does, and see under what kind of conditions it reacts under.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
have you changed your fuel filter recently?

regardless, do a search on "dashpot"

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still my car is working fine..... that idle problem didn't come back.
THank you guys for help......

billvp, nope, didn't change fuel filter recently.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts