Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The dark shall be with us
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So My story starts back in late 2012 talking to Gill to make a custome made complete turbo kit for me. After deciding what I want Money order for $4500 was sent to him and he received it on Jul 7th 2013. He said it'll take two weeks for my kit to be done. I also sent him my intake manifold and tb costing $1300 together to make a complete intercooler for me. So time passed by and I head nothing from him. I asked for update and he said he has finished some parts. again no update. I asked him he was supposed to update me with pictures so I can documate it for my built thread but I had nothing . On Dec 2013 he showed me a unfinished manifold of my kit (I assume) on facebook and saying he's going to work on it for the next couple weeks to finish it. I was exited to hear about my kit to be done, but that time he introduced his intake manifold so I asked him to make a new manifold for me as well. He updated me with inside of the manifold (which I'm sure they were not for my manifold). On march 2014 I saw him posting manifold like my idea that I told him which was top mounted mirrored manifold, but they were T3 manifold and not V band manifold that he was building for me. I asked what's going on and he said he spent most of the money I paid for parts and now he's paying out of pocket to finish my kit so he has to finish some works to make up for the shor cash. I said I'll pay more so you can get it done. He said $1500 can boost his ability to finish it fast. So a month later I sent him another $1500 on Feb. I hear nothing again and I see his fb page showing other person's intake manifold with my TB on it. I didn't mind using my tb for making manifold as long as I could get it back without any damage on it.
So While I have been waiting for my kit to be done Leonel's dyno pull popes in to facebook and guess what I see on his car. Top mount from turbo and the intake manifold that he used to post picture on facebook with my TB. How on earth his turbo manifold got done way before me even when I made a deposit for my kit a year and half before his. Just FYI No one has had the idea of top mount mirrored manifold on 3000gt before me so no way he ordered the kit before me.
Look at the video and then look at the pictures. Same kit on Leonel's car.

https://www.facebook.com/Nyce1s/videos/vb.234578375992/10152984750335993/?type=2&theater

I can't tell from video what TB is on Leonel's car but it better not be MY TB because that TB took me 3 months to get.

So fast forward to 3 weeks ago I asked him what's the update. I told him I was expecting it to be done by now after paying $6k and almost two years of waiting. He replied that the kit expected to be done by end of this month. So almost end of this month and no update again. I text him for update 3 days ago and no reply. I text him that I was an idiot to send the extra $1500 and I want him to send what ever he finished so far to me and cancel whatever that he has not finished and again no answer. What's with this platform? Can't there be ANYONE honest who offer parts here? I know DR makes good manifolds but I want the setup my way. So after getting burned by SSM and a guy selling his 99 front end for $950 and I got nothing back I am here. Next time I'll do everything locally. It will cost more but it well worth it.

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
Man that is rough. I'd sue them hard for the money you sent them. If someone told me they spent my money and were paying out of pocket to finish my work, I would have told them that they need to find a way to get a loan and send my money right back to me then. That is unreal how long that it is taking... I'd definitely try to find a local shop to do that work if it is custom like that, it is much nicer to be able to walk right in to the shop and ask to their face "Is this done? Let me see what you have so far."

$6000 is a stupid amount of money to have just lost, I would definitely contact the better business bureau and a lawyer and let this guy know that you are doing so. That might be the fire he needs lit up under him to either do the work or get you your money. You could have his shop shut down over that.

·
Resident Street Racer
5,605 Posts
Dude i feel for you but who sends money orders for parts for a guy whos KNOWN to be ultra slow and somewhat shady? Id be fuming...there are TONS of fab guys out there..im sure you've seen them offer their services on facebook...its not the platform buddy..

·
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's not just $6k. That manifold and tb cost me $1300. The $1500 is from paypal. I'll see if I can dispute that. I just don't understand. He works on and finishes other people's cars but not mine. Maybe too big of a project for him and he doesn't feel like finish it. I may have bad luck. The intake manifold that I ordered from Von took almost 10 months to finish and I'm local. lol

·
Money pit owner.
2,586 Posts
is this shop associated with IPS Motorsports?

·
My car is a money pit
2,765 Posts
It's not just $6k. That manifold and tb cost me $1300. The $1500 is from paypal. I'll see if I can dispute that. I just don't understand. He works on and finishes other people's cars but not mine. Maybe too big of a project for him and he doesn't feel like finish it. I may have bad luck. The intake manifold that I ordered from Von took almost 10 months to finish and I'm local. lol
Took Von 2 years to get mine done LOL. And it has some finish work left to do, but oh well. I can't complain really.

·
Money pit owner.
2,586 Posts
it is discouraging for someone like me that has been on the platform for a year to read stories about guys getting scammed. I myself have been burned for about $500 from ebay and other vendors - I can chalk some of that up to me not asking the right question because I didn't understand what I was really buying.

·
Registered
244 Posts
sucks man , I hate we I end up getting screw with best of luck getting things straight

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
I'm careful about every transaction that I make and I don't generally make very large purchases online. Thankfully we have a decent amount of 3S support here in Ohio, a lot of parts available locally. IPS used to be a reliable vendor here, but most of us know how that ended up.

I hope you get your money and your stuff back. I am sure you could also just look around for a reliable fabricator instead of looking for someone who SAYS they specialize in 3S stuff. You'd be surprised how many people who work on different platforms wouldn't mind making a cool set up on one of these.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Get copies of the emails/messages and take it to small claims courts (hope you kept the receipt for the money order). You knew what you were getting into with Gil though, because you decided to go with Gil right in the middle of the eblank8 situation. Not saying you are at fault, but the warning signs were there. Same exact story except for part of the kit getting lost in the mail.

And start blowing this stuff up on the facebook groups. Most of the major players in the platform have turned to facebook for business. Maybe if the entire facebook group sees how he does business, he will make some changes.

Might have to ask the forum admins if they can make the buyer/seller review "public" because right now you have to be a member to view that sub-forum.

·
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think he has ever took someone's money as far as I know. I'm just fed up with waiting. Life has changed a lot. I was single when I ordered the kit now i'm getting married on Jul. Who knows maybe the kit will be done when my kids are graduated from collage.

·
7,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Get copies of the emails/messages and take it to small claims courts (hope you kept the receipt for the money order). You knew what you were getting into with Gil though, because you decided to go with Gil right in the middle of the eblank8 situation. Not saying you are at fault, but the warning signs were there. Same exact story except for part of the kit getting lost in the mail.

And start blowing this stuff up on the facebook groups. Most of the major players in the platform have turned to facebook for business. Maybe if the entire facebook group sees how he does business, he will make some changes.

Might have to ask the forum admins if they can make the buyer/seller review "public" because right now you have to be a member to view that sub-forum.
Yeah When I saw that situation the money was already sent. :(

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
You should have backed out of it when I talked to you during Eblank8's situation. It wouldn't have been too late for a refund. You definitely need to take legal action now.

There aren't any custom fabricators on this forum and probably never will be. It's all outsourced. Maybe next time you can go somewhere that isn't platform specific. I don't think Toxicfab will take on any work but I know Sheepy has done an item or two for a member.

·
From KDM to JDM
3,059 Posts

pretty sure small claims maxes at $5,000.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts