Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
3521 - 3540 of 3543 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,892 Posts
Getting there! Only around 50 more to win to pay for car lol
Just messin with you Eric.
I love watching the progress and I admire the "familyMAN" you are.....

Bob.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,522 ·
So don't think I mentioned but the winnings the other weekend was RWD, not 4WD. I was having some issues with the front diff bolts coming loose, that I felt was because of the binding in the drivetrain. No "give" in drivetrain with a locked transfer case (no viscous coupler) and spool in rear diff. I could change spool to LSD but still locked front and rear with tcase.

So I removed it all, put the stock tailhousing on the trans and my old rwd carbon driveshaft and went racing.

But I still want my AWD back so kept researching and found out that the tcase from an early 90's Chevy Astro AWD Van is the exact same case and internals as the Syclone's and Typhoons which are known to make big power with the v6 or with LS swaps. It's full time awd, 35/65% F/R split with a viscous unit. Borg Warner (OEM of tcase) rates it at 1500tq capable.

They are fairly common in junk yards from car-part.com so I grabbed one already for 150 and another later this week. Biggest hurdles will be getting adapters to powerglide (I "think" I have ordered what I need) and the big ass hole I will need to cut in tunnel/floor to fit it. lol.

But I'm pretty excited about it. Should help with binding and I like the 65% rear power bias.

Reactions: Dunshster and MDoe8

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,524 ·

Vid from a race a couple weekends ago

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,525 ·

Also ditched the intercooler this week and fabbed up a hot pipe to new intake manifold that holds 16 Bosch 210lb injectors. Two aeromotive fuel pumps installed. (7.0 GPM and 5.0 GPM).

Have it tuned on e85 and just switched to methanol tonight and fired it up and put it on trans brake.

Still need to weld an injector bung in front of each turbo and wire those to trigger with boost.

Also going to re-do the fueltech harness for IGN1A coils to replace stock LS coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Marshall Taylor
1,316 Posts
Nice work Eric. Especially being you ran an untested setup. It’s great a little money came your way.

Reactions: familyMAN

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,527 ·
Nice work Eric. Especially being you ran an untested setup. It’s great a little money came your way.
Thanks! In the money 3 of the last 6 races. Not bad. Almost paid for my dart shortblock. Some hiccups that were caused by me or I think we would have one another race. Lot of family stuff going on right now (all good stuff) so car is back burner for a few weeks at least, but I think I have all of the parts gathered to fab up stuff to install a new/used tcase setup. May race one more time in rwd before going AWD.

also thinking about doing LS Fest again. If I put stock doors back on (have to switch my windows over so a lot of work), I fit the class and think I could do decent. 1/4 mile is hard on a car though so we'll see.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,531 ·
Quick vid :)

Have more coming soon !

Reactions: StarWolfQTP

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,271 Posts
Your wife looked like she was gonna reach over and choke you to death in the Video
When I take my wife for a ride like that her hands and arms get to flying around and the cuss words get to flying as well lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,535 ·
Your wife looked like she was gonna reach over and choke you to death in the Video
When I take my wife for a ride like that her hands and arms get to flying around and the cuss words get to flying as well lol
Nah, but I think she was getting nervous with the speed. The look over and smile was nervousness and “that’s enough”. If I kept going, THEN it would have been a more serious look or smack

But we were already 130’s in that quick pull. I run out of gear around 155 anyway so had to let off soon anyway. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: NOMIEZVR-4

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,538 ·
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
(Mo vids please lol )
lol thank you :D. I have a good one to put together yet. My wife is bugging me. And also a technical one that I think could help a lot of street/race cars.

Reactions: Chang oil
3521 - 3540 of 3543 Posts