Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
3341 - 3359 of 3359 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,558 Posts

She’s alive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks AWESOME Eric!
You say alive, have you gotten any "seat time" yet?

I love the work you do....

Bob.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
Them twins look pretty sweet in there, Eric. Awesome job!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,343 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :) No seat time yet, but have put it on the transbrake in the garage. Made 13psi in 1.5 sec ! wowza ! Fixed a coolant leak. Next on the list is to re-do my TDC and 20BTDC marks on my damper and then sync the timing to ecu, THEN I can drive it. :D

Have it starting and idling very well. It's very responsive on free revving. Sounds rowdy.

I'll be putting together another youtube vid eventually

·
Marshall Taylor
1,254 Posts
I’m looking forward to seeing the video. Thanks for sharing.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,346 ·
18psi tonight. uh, it's fast. approx 1-1100awhp according to logged fuel flow and 60-80mph time. At that rate, these 72's will be tapped out around 26-27psi (1400awhp)....FP is sending me twin 78's lol

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
18psi tonight. uh, it's fast. approx 1-1100awhp according to logged fuel flow and 60-80mph time. At that rate, these 72's will be tapped out around 26-27psi (1400awhp)....FP is sending me twin 78's lol
Dude. ... I think I'm happy with my 15gs. Do I need a dose of real hp? Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,349 ·
Dude. ... I think I'm happy with my 15gs. Do I need a dose of real hp? Lol

I’m sure yours is more comfortable to drive. Mine is only happy and smooth at WOT. Otherwise it just sounds like everything is a 1/2 mile away from breaking or falling off.

Went cruisin today to have my front tires swapped back over to my radials. The bias ply up front smash down with weight and aren’t tall enough so the transfer case gets really really pissed off. Makes all kinds of bad whining noises. These radials support the weight better and tcase is a bit happier.

I think I will eventually re-gear it front and rear though. It’s 3.73 front and 3.70 rear now. Going 4.10 front and 4.11 rear is what I’d like to do. Will help the tcase and be better in the 1/8. I’ll have to coast to a 1/4 mile pass though and higher rpm cruising.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,352 ·
Was up late last night fixing a trans cooler line leak on daughter’s 3000 and messing with my front ride height and alignment to try to get it as low as I can without axle binding.

Went to an old airstrip to test today. Water burnout only on rears. Slow boost ramp in first gear. Mostly 12-15psi. Touched 20psi at top. 2nd gear was 18-19psi. Did what I expected.

I tried to ramp in the boost faster but it made it start to spin and walk around and went 5.77. I’ll have to keep the slow boost ramp and timing pull. And just add more boost too if first and thru 2nd. But the 5.70 tune should work for first round next weekend.

To go any faster in 60ft on no prep, I’m going to need a rear antirollbar and a front LSD. I just don’t have anymore tricks available to me. Once I’m above 60-70mph I can add a lot more power. Should trap 140-141mph a 29-30psi.

Owner of “track” let us use his garage and scales. It weighs exactly what my spreadsheet said it would. (Except that I’m a bit heavier (I blame the heavy sweatshirt and jeans). Lol). The front to rear is a little better than I thought it would be. 57.5/42.5

Reactions: lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,354 ·
So that looks like your sweatshirt and jeans weight 223 lbs.:rolleyes::p:D
Nah just 13. I’m 210 in my birthday suit. Lol.

Reactions: white93gt

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,356 · (Edited)
Dang, that's scootin. Nice job
thanks :D If think it will go 5.50's at this power level if I can get an ARB figured out on back and an LSD up front. I may just weld the front diff but I'd rather not. I also plan to re-gear it which will help in the 1/8 also.

In the meantime, I'll add more power if needed to win. lol. Goal is to get down to 5.20's on really shitty surfaces so need both 60ft and moar powa

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,358 ·
Race this weekend was wild. $31k payout in small tire. $350 buy in to race. Big tire had $500 buy in but small payout. I dual entered to get double the data and better chance of winning $31k and sometimes the big tire cars are slower on a slick surface.

Well it was more than slick. Was literally like ice without studded tires. Track isn’t done yet. This is just the glass smooth finish concrete with dust all over it. Next year they will grind it and get rubber on it. It was awful. We could launch hard but after 60ft, All 4 wheels spinning at any speed with barely any throttle.

First round small tire, the orange pinto spun out into a 360 just a few feet behind me and I watched it all in my review. Wild.

Then I went into big tire and I lost first round. I got a bit wild and let out. So did he (right next to me and we got really close) and he let off and threw the chute at ~80ft. I decided to just cruise down as did he and i let him take the win. If I decided to catch up and chase, I was concerned he would then stomp the gas and then end up sideways into my car. Wasn’t worth the $3,500 payout in big tire.

So I made it a few more rounds and we were down to 5 cars. The majority wanted to stop and split the winnings. Took a vote. All agreed, but the promoter said we need to finish so he could crown a winner and hand him the $30k. After that, we do what we want with the money. We agreed. This way, no hero shit and we all walk away with $6k’ish and our cars in one piece. (I wouldn’t have won anyway so this was a big win for me. Lol) a rwd LS swapped starion won. 2000hp+ car that launched hard and then he took timing down to -10* total timing after 60ft and just sounded like a turd all the way down the track, but he never had to lift and it worked.

I have some improvements to do on my car this winter and $6k is a nice motivator. Lol. My wife enjoyed it after she got over the nerves from seeing 7-8 wrecks and a few cars destroyed. Buddy of mine poured my prep puddle and my wife lined me up in groove and starting line. Overall, good day. And I’ll never have to race on a surface like that again since this was the only place in the world that exits with that surface which will be changed by next year.

I took my last round tune (which was a ton of timing pulled out for 3 secs and only 12psi wastegate boost) which still spun, and did a hit on a cold street, no burnout, random spot on highway and it went without a single hiccup. Straight as an arrow. I think it would go down gravel with that tune. Lol.

Reactions: mdcrose and lawdogg

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
186 Posts
Sounds like a mess ton of fun right there man to get ya all pumped up lol ... love that feeling!!
But for the track that's garbage man little bit of some all wheel skating to get ya nerves up and blood flowing with sudden breath stops .... :LOL: F*** HOLD IT!!

3341 - 3359 of 3359 Posts