Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
3301 - 3320 of 3359 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
That axle twist. Daaaamn.

And my wife likes the driver mod. How old's the kitten?

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,302 ·
That axle twist. Daaaamn.

And my wife likes the driver mod. How old's the kitten?

~4 weeks old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
~4 weeks old

So when does he get his license?

Looks like you've got a shop cat.

Can't wait for more videos. Twist some more axles.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,304 ·
So when does he get his license?

Looks like you've got a shop cat.

Can't wait for more videos. Twist some more axles.

Cats stay outside at our house. Silly mother left them in a bad spot during a downpour so had to be brought in and dried off. Back outside now though and she’s actually keeping them in the “house” on front porch now instead of dragging them off and ditching them. When they sneak in to garage they just jump up on shelves and knock shit over. Lol.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
Cats stay outside at our house. Silly mother left them in a bad spot during a downpour so had to be brought in and dried off. Back outside now though and she’s actually keeping them in the “house” on front porch now instead of dragging them off and ditching them. When they sneak in to garage they just jump up on shelves and knock shit over. Lol.
Yeah, cats tend to do that. He's a cutie, though. At least that's better than the dog in the garage asking if you put the car in bark..

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,307 ·
New axles in and drag brakes on (rears took some modification because axles stick out from housing ends, ended up being an 1/8" more than supposed to be) Took a little test drive and all is good. Couldn't go too far with a blown headgasket and no water in the block lol.

New shortblock is delivering Friday. So next weekend I'll start on assembling a long block, measuring pushrod length to order new pushrods, etc. Have to pull cam from old motor and oil pan. Doubt it all goes in the car next weekend, but you never know.

May try to hit a No Prep race black friday weekend. We'll see.

Reactions: Kardon and lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,309 ·
Seat back is mounted to cage ;)

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts
Seat back is mounted to cage ;)

Something tells me if that moves, there are much worse problems.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
5,046 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,558 Posts
Looks like an expensive HUNK of metals....

Bob. ;)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,316 · (Edited)
Some progress pics....

mocking up valvetrain...h

you versus the guy she told you not to worry about lol (3/8" vs 5/16" pushrods.) the 5/16" is just one spare to have in my travel tool kit

machined goodies to adapt the stock LS windage tray to Dart main caps which are very different than stock. More like SBC style with splayed outers and reduced cap width instead of stock that goes straight across with little cross bolts through the block. (splayed is stronger and the reduced cap width helps with windage and crank case breathing)

another mock up from a couple weeks ago

Believe I have everything but 8 of the pushrods. (8 sent correctly, other 8 were mis-boxed/labelled). Will be working on it this weekend to finish pulling old motor and installing this one.

Current HP limit will be the turbos which will tap out around 1400whp.

Reactions: mdcrose and lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,319 ·
“Only 1400awhp”. Psh…that’s weak. lol. But seriously, that’s hot! Loving the pics! And yes, diameter definitely does matter! My wife told me so.
Unfortunately 1400hp is bare minimum to try compete anymore. But 1800 is really what I need. It’s insane.

Well, something my wife also tells me, applies to these pushrods,,,too big, doesn’t fit. Lol.

I’m going to have to do a little clearancing on the heads. They rub at the top at full lift.

3301 - 3320 of 3359 Posts