·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,261 ·
thanks ryan. things change, we'll move on if we have to

·
Marshall Taylor
1,242 Posts
So sorry to see this. It’s great no one was physically injured. I’m sure that taught your son a very valuable lesson on evaluating driving conditions and proceeding accordingly.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Damn that sucks. I gotta agree with @Marshall Taylor that this is probably a good lesson learned. My first little at fault fender bender really changed my outlook on driving, especially since I had to come out of pocket for $600 to repair the other car(which is a huge amount for a 16 year old lol). As long as you don't just bail him out, I think he'll end up a safer driver overall because of it.

Also he already put one car in the ditch, I don't think the car known snap oversteer is the solution. 🤣

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,265 · (Edited)
He’s driving my 190k mi truck now. And already told him, IF he drives the MR2 some, it won’t be in the rain! And explained snap oversteer, as NEVER let off in a turn. Brake. Then turn. No matter how slow you think you are going.

We are gettin his car back tomorrow and will assess the damage to see if it’s fixable.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,267 · (Edited)
Car is home. It looks salvageable and was possibly wrecked before we got it after looking it over closely.

Going to need a steering rack, passenger control arm, red fender, red front bumper, red 2g side skirt, red rear hatch (or just replace the glass).

I already “adjusted” the radiator support/headlight buckets. Door needs some adjustment which is the main issue now.

Reactions: MDoe8

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,268 ·
he's happy and motivated. had the fender off as soon as we got it into the garage.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,501 Posts
Man, this is the last thing I wanted to read in this thread :(
I'm glad to see that both HE is OK, and YOU are OK with it. Says a LOT about your character.
And now, his true character has stepped up, owned it, and is really wanting to make it right.

I got lucky, when I bought my then 15 yr. old son his 93 Green VR4, he knew that one slip up and it was gone.
It wasn't a threat, but he knew that possibility was out there.
Being the smart son I knew he was, he's cherished his car and still does to this day (although at (now) 30, he is looking at upgrading). He says he may still keep it, just because....

I hope you TWO put your skills to work and get his dream back in one piece :).
He's got THE best helper I can think of.....

Bob.

·
LS3S
2,253 Posts
I would like to donate to the rebuild. If you take care of shipping, I'll send you a like new steering rack if you still need one. It has been sitting in my garage for years now and obviously I do not have a use for it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad everyone one made it out OK!

Some of the farm communities north of me have some incredibly massive ditches along the roads. I can't even imagine sliding into something like that.

3261 - 3274 of 3274 Posts