Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
3221 - 3232 of 3232 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,221 ·
Wow Eric you're finally done messing around and ready to get serious??
I tried to get serious before Race Week but couldn't get the short block I wanted in a reasonable amount of time so had to deviate to make Race Week with all of the troubleshooting I was doing and unfortunately cost me time and money.

Found a place that hoarded dart blocks so that's why I can get it done in a reasonable time period.

Expensive hobby!
How long before you get the engine (i.e. how long will you have to "play" with it?)

As usual, GOOD LUCK :)

Bob.
Going to be tight timeline. Hopefully 4 weeks and I'll have a couple days to install it before racing. yay.

He did the cheap & fast route already, time to go full baller status
Baller'ish status. Everyone else is making a boatload of power now in No Prep, so have to pay to play if I want to be competitive.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,222 ·
anyone know of a cheap and light, black, side mirrors that i could bolt to my fiberglass doors?
when racing, and I'm ahead, if I'm not just putting a bus length on them, I can't see them in rearview mirror so don't know if they are catching back up, so my instinct is to pull the scramble button, since I don't know if I'm still pulling ahead.

i couple put the stock mirrors back on but they seem a bit "chunky" for the fiberglass doors but they are free lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,223 ·

Stock mirror on. Not very robust. Just bolted to thin fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
LS3S
2,235 Posts
Don't hit the scramble button, you'll blow your shiz up (re: Mustang)

Joking (kinda) aside...there are the cheap ebay-ish "F1 racing mirrors" or something like that. They are pretty small.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,225 ·
Yeah I found those. That might work and I could mount them anywhere, so maybe the corner of glass which is more robust than the door which is just thin fiberglass. Probably lighter than the stock mirrors which have motors in them. Pretty damn heavy!

I only have ~5psi on the scramble but that is approx 150hp so might be just enough to pass someone or keep them from passing me.

Typically, you don’t throw everything you have at the track on No Prep, every single race. Save the motor. Less risk for spinning and having to lift. Etc. So having a scramble is very useful. And mirrors will help. A very odd thing I noticed last track outing. And makes an awkward feeling, knowing you are ahead but not knowing by how much if it’s close. Anxiety and adrenaline full blast!! Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,226 ·
update: both stock mirrors on and found some big washers for back side. Doesn't really help with stability but shouldn't be able to yank the bolts out; however doesnt prevent a big chunk of door being ripped off.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,227 ·
Engine builder is just waiting on Diamond pistons which will be approximately 3 weeks. Going to be tight to make my event Aug 27.

FP is getting their test head flowed this week. If all looks good, they will get the springs I sent them installed and shipped back to me.

Hopefully get some test turbos also, but that's TBD.

I picked up some Ignite Red (e90) tonight. No more pump e85 when turning it up at the track.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts
If you don’t mind sharing the info, where did you buy the Ignite Red (e90) from and what quantity (5 gal drum) etc.?

Thanks and Good Luck making your tight timelin.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,229 · (Edited)
Ty Peek; Peek Performance out of Bowling Green. Message him on facebook. He's from my area originally. $55 per 5 gal pail. $480 per 55gal drum. I bought four pails for now but will likely get a drum at some point.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,231 ·
What's the scoop on the FP heads? They haven't done heads before, right?
No they haven’t but looking to expand their offerings. I’ll be testing the first set, so if they are shit (they won’t be), no one else needs to know. Lol. And they can be corrected before going public.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,232 ·
Fancy pulley to save my poor alternator at high rpm. This one is 3.5” vs 2.0” stock. Mine was shutting off at ~7k rpm and was just battery voltage. LS alternators have built in protection around 18k rpm on alternator. I plan to spin my next motor to around 8500rpm so this should help it survive and keep voltage up during a pass. :)

Also, I got invited to an AWD vs RWD, small tire No Prep invitational race. Literally, the quickest AWD and RWD small tire No Prep racers in the country, by invitation only.

We are going to drag the rwd guys first round then it’s going to be some crazy 2000HP trucks and 2000HP GTRs racing for the payout. I built a hybrid so have an advantage on weight vs trucks and advantage on rear suspension vs GTRs. I won’t have 2000HP though. Going to be wild!! Race will be in Sept.

Oh and the team leader of RWD is Bill Lutz....4000HP supercharged Hemi. Yep. That’s the type of guys that will be on his team. But they have to get down on basically chip and seal road.

3221 - 3232 of 3232 Posts