Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
3181 - 3200 of 3232 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,181 ·
I stopped a long time ago. I think I’m on like 15 or 16 different blocks though. Lol.

Head gasket swap went well and tested on the street. 8psi on launch and ramped to 18psi by 3 secs. Had to let off at 550ft before bridge and I was already bouncing on this side road without a bridge/ramp. 6.15 at 114 according to draggy. But I gained 10mph (108 to 118mph) from 450 to 550ft when I let off, so another 100ft would definitely add MPH into the 120’s. (According to FuelTech log which is pretty accurate also).

It dead hooked the launch with no burnout.

I may add a bit more to launch. And moving boost ramp up sooner. And should be around 26psi if I pull scramble button. :)

·
Marshall Taylor
1,234 Posts
I stopped a long time ago. I think I’m on like 15 or 16 different blocks though. Lol.

Head gasket swap went well and tested on the street. 8psi on launch and ramped to 18psi by 3 secs. Had to let off at 550ft before bridge and I was already bouncing on this side road without a bridge/ramp. 6.15 at 114 according to draggy. But I gained 10mph (108 to 118mph) from 450 to 550ft when I let off, so another 100ft would definitely add MPH into the 120’s. (According to FuelTech log which is pretty accurate also).

It dead hooked the launch with no burnout.

I may add a bit more to launch. And moving boost ramp up sooner. And should be around 26psi if I pull scramble button. :)
Outstanding!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,184 ·
head gasket didn't like 25-30psi. Was pushing water on first pass this weekend. (5.68 at 127). Then I ran a 5.61 at 131 on less boost but ramped it in harder. Definitely pressure in cooling system but didn't push out too bad. But Quarter finals I blew the gasket bad at 550ft where it was already 130mph. Still ran 5.53 on No Prep, back of track, water burnout only. Blew gasket out (athena cutring), head must have been warped/twisted. So we drained water out of block. pulled the injector clip and tried to run the semi-finals on 7 cylinders with no cooling. Damn thing wouldn't make any boost though on trans brake. Only 2psi and wouldn't "light off"...so I lost.

If I have time after work this week, plan to patch it together again with a different head for a race this weekend. And talk to a local machine shop about getting a Dart block going with the 416ci rotating assembly I have. And get new heads from FP which are doing CNC'd heads soon.

I met one goal this year, 5.5x on a dirty no prep. I think it will go low low 5's on No Prep when I get more power and should be able to hit it even harder out of the hole with more testing. Was into the 1.4x 60ft. and 0-60mph in 2.03 sec.

Next goal is trap 140 on No Prep and main goal is to win some damn money!

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,944 Posts
Damn. Both a congrats and a that sucks for the same thread.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,944 Posts
What does that translate to in 1/4 mile language? That's fast!
My 13.6 sec quarter was 8.9.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,188 · (Edited)
According to Dragy,,,I was on the brakes to a 9.6 at 91. lol......mid-5's would be mid-8's in 1/4. (but it's currently not surviving an 1/8mi, much less a full 1/4 :( )

60ft was 1.44. I think I can go quite a bit quicker on this surface though with leaving with a little more boost and ramping it in faster.
FYI, that was 0-60 in 2.03 sec.

I just need a proper motor for what I'm trying to do. which was the original plan this year but engine shops were sooo far behind I had to improvise.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,189 ·
pulled plugs. Looks like all the other cylinders looked good. Going to pull that head, put on another used head and a new gasket. If weather holds out, going to race on saturday.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,190 ·

video up

·
LS3S
2,235 Posts
You should put a 6G back in, might be more reliable ;)

Kidding of course! Bummer you've been fighting that thing so much lately

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,400 Posts
You should put a 6G back in, might be more reliable ;)

Kidding of course! Bummer you've been fighting that thing so much lately
Or EVEN better.......EV :)

Bob.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,193 · (Edited)
if you can show me a 6g that makes 12-1300awhp and be repaired for virtually zero dollars and back to racing,,, I'll go for it! Ha! lol

For reference my 1/8 ET on a back of track No Prep is quicker than Nelson's $500k build record on a prepped track. ;)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,194 · (Edited)
and it's going to be really wild once I get the motor/turbo combo I really want. (hopefully the 4wd drivetrain can handle it)

regardless, if weather holds, I'll be racing again saturday....not 10 years from now ;)

but if someone wants to sponsor me a 6g longblock that can handle 1500awhp, I'll gladly put it in my car!!! I set it up to be modular. (Bill Hincher just needs to make an adapter that I've asked him to make for two years now and offered to pay up front. Still don't have one so had to move on)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,196 ·
Dag yo, it was a joke! ha!
I know, but it's actually something that I have thought about heavily lol. Was actually planning to go 6g for 2021 and had a motor plan put together with Don, a turbo plan with FP and the design requirements to Bill for an adapter,,,,all to smoke the 6g record and have a competitive car for WCF Import vs Domestic.

No Prep HP requirements has really progressed in the past year in the area. Where 1000 used to be average and 1200-1300 enough to win, now everything is pushed up 2-300hp and really putting it out of reach of 6g without getting the car REALLY light and stay 4wd.

But parts availability also really killed the 6g idea. Hard to get LS parts fast enough, much less custom one-off 6g parts to make 1400+

·
LS3S
2,235 Posts
Yeah for sure. It would cost a lot more as well.

It is INSANE how fast cars are these days. Back when I was actually into cars, 600whp was very competitive on the street. That's less than a lot of OEM cars these days, and competitive on the street is now 1000+, crazy!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,198 ·
yeah, it's out of control. but for pure enjoyment in a daily driver, 5-600whp awd car is still awesome. if you are racing, it's really nuts. all the guys that used to compete on stock bottom end 5.3's are now all doing build blocks and a lot more turbo.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,199 ·
Car is back together and fired up. Sounds healthy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lawdogg and mdcrose

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,400 Posts
You doing this pre 6 AM?
Your neighbors must love you....

Bob. ;)

3181 - 3200 of 3232 Posts