Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,141 · (Edited)
Ms3 didn’t have answers. Maybe in the harness. But the simple voltage checks, passed. Wanted oscilloscope next. I don’t have one and was tired of f’n with it. Probably in the harness somewhere I suppose.

Not pulling the little trailer this year!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,224 Posts
Wife will have a short YT vid from our track outing.

And it’s not running again. So that why harness is cut out. FuelTech FT550 ships tomorrow for Wednesday. I will install wed and Thursday night after work. Leave for Race Week Friday early AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good Luck! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Marshall\\\\

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,143 · (Edited)

Engine harness and ecu out. Have all of my Inputs and Outputs for new ecu labeled and all at one spot.

FT550 arrives tomorrow.

Reactions: Kardon and lawdogg

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Man, what I wouldn’t do to have half the energy you do! lol. Sucks that MS didn’t have any ideas but now you don’t need them. Haha. Looks like you’re well on your way to getting it taken care of.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,146 ·
Nice foot space!
Plenty for my 9 year old co-pilot. lol

Man, what I wouldn’t do to have half the energy you do! lol. Sucks that MS didn’t have any ideas but now you don’t need them. Haha. Looks like you’re well on your way to getting it taken care of.
I had to take a short nap today at 6p lol. Eat, then garage by 7.

I'll have two Ms3pro Ultimate's available soon. lol. The first one is fixed and on it's way back. If I actually do the 4gswap in MR2, one will go in there (I'll build a new harness). But not sure at this point when that project will happen. My wallet is hating me right now.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,227 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,148 ·
Reactions: mdcrose

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,150 ·
Wired! Crimping pins with just a parts store wire strippers sucked!

Getting a base map from garrett and then fire it up tomorrow night. He told me not to power it up yet but I'm too tired to mess with it anymore yet anyway.

The fuel tech is controlling my trans brake, bump, fuel pump and high speed mode, fans, shifter, boost and have a scramble button now for No Prep when needed.

Reactions: niterydr

·
Registered
953 Posts
So after hearing you talk, I looked at Fueltech's program and while our engine isn't supported, it does let you set custom crank trigger wheels parameters. I wonder if adding the 6g72 stock crank trigger wheel would be feasible? If so that'd be another "modern" tuning option...

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,152 ·
Garrett ran FuelTech on his 4Gswap. Not sure what setup he used. Thought he did a kiggly crank trigger and 1G CAS for cam. Anything can be done with new ecu’s. They even have the FT450’s in a lot of bikes and side-by-sides.

If serious, just call FuelTech. I love that the ecu is also the dash.

·
www.cts-racing.com
1999 Corvette C5 FRC, 1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,261 Posts
Curious to see how FuelTech works for you, good luck!!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I had to take a short nap today at 6p lol. Eat, then garage by 7.

I'll have two Ms3pro Ultimate's available soon. lol. The first one is fixed and on it's way back. If I actually do the 4gswap in MR2, one will go in there (I'll build a new harness). But not sure at this point when that project will happen. My wallet is hating me right now.
Bwahaha.....that makes me feel just a smidge better. I have issues napping in when I lay down, I just want to sleep for hours instead of just power napping. I like to think of this hobby as "weight reduction". Just think about how much energy you save, not carrying around that wad of cash, that would otherwise be in your pocket. Since I also have kids, I also like to think that this hobby "is for the children". My wife for some reason, doesn't see it that way. shrugs

The FuelTech looks super nice. Pretty badass, that it's dash/ECU/power management all in one. lol. Makes my AEMv2/CD7 setup look prehistoric. Just curious, have you tuned one of these before? Looking forward to seeing it run w/ this setup.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,155 ·
I have not tuned one, but I'm getting help from garrett. some payback from when I tuned his beast initially on AEM. I'm learning it pretty quickly though and will make my own changes to 2step settings and he said i'm on my own for flex fuel, he only does race cars, hates street car shit. lol

sending him a couple logs now. did some boost pulls and transbrake launches, plus a little cruising.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I have not tuned one, but I'm getting help from garrett. some payback from when I tuned his beast initially on AEM. I'm learning it pretty quickly though and will make my own changes to 2step settings and he said i'm on my own for flex fuel, he only does race cars, hates street car shit. lol

sending him a couple logs now. did some boost pulls and transbrake launches, plus a little cruising.
Absolutely nothing wrong with a little bartering services. My favorite thing to do! lol. Yeah, I’d imagine flexfuel tunes just take a while to get smoothed out. Since you already know AEM and MS, I’m sure you have just a small learning curve on this. Sometimes you just need help navigating new software and finding those little obscure tweaks that are needed. Awesome that would already have it driving already. You’re an animal.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,157 ·
I'm figuring out some stuff, reassigning pins. Letting garrett take the tuning wheel with another map tomorrow, but I'll likely take over after that completely.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,224 Posts
Nice video. You are certainly making serious progress. Hopefully the #1 cylinder problem will be solved with the harness and parts.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,159 ·
Nice video. You are certainly making serious progress. Hopefully the #1 cylinder problem will be solved with the harness and parts.
Solved. :). Ran great last night in test hits and the spark plug finally shows that it has fuel.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Solved. :). Ran great last night in test hits and the spark plug finally shows that it has fuel.

That's awesome it's fixed w/ the new ECU/harness. These types of issues always bother me, as I like to know what the root cause is. But when you're pushing close to a deadline, can't be worried about such things.

3141 - 3160 of 3167 Posts