Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

3121 - 3140 of 3167 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Ah gotcha. I'm picking up what you're laying down now. Yeah, I'd imagine that's probably a lot of weight for the fiberglass. But looking good dude!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,122 ·
Fiberglass with stock glass vs full stock door with mirror and door card is about 51lb savings per door. Lexan will get me another ~8lbs per door if I had to guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,124 ·
Both doors on and fire extinguisher mount installed on roll bar. Bought one for son's car too.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,125 ·
first outing last night at an airstrip 1/8mi No Prep, had ups and downs. Drove the car there. Ran a 6.20 @116 first hit at only 12psi according to dragy. Made it to semi-finals and was on a hell of a pass but I had my lean-out protection too aggressive and it shut the car off,,,twice. Had him covered by a good bit otherwise. Basically only ran half the track and still did 6.49. Should have been high 5's. 22psi. Sucks, I could have won that event. Small payout, but still. I drove my car there, and back, 90mins each way; first time out would have been awesome to win.

Unfortunately on the way home, it ran like complete shit. spent half the day messing with it today and I think the ecu is fried again. Not sure. acting exactly like last time but the multi-meter isn't telling the same story. running out of time, patience, and funds that I want to allocate! We leave for Race Week early Friday morning.

Have some buddies pushing me to do Holley Dominator. I may end up swapping an entire Ecu, harness and a bunch of accessory wiring at the track Saturday. I really need to consider a new hobby.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Well popping a completely different ecu so soon would definitely point to something electrical, would it not? Maybe your high voltage setup is doing something to cause them to fry? I can't remember the exact order of events(and I'm too lazy to go back and try to find it), but didn't you lose the ECU after the first time driving/doin pulls? Maybe that resistor setup from the alt is causing something where your alternator is putting out a crazy amount of voltage during high loads?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,127 ·
I haven't seen any issues with voltage. and this is the same combo I had all of last year.

I lost the ecu last time on start up. had the main battery ground loose. driving it around was on a dead ecu already.

and yeah, something must be off somewhere or I have really bad luck. but nothing has changed other than a gigantic alternator cable to battery shut off because I didn't have it routed correctly for the battery shutoff to actually work before. probably around 10k miles on this wiring setup.

but deleting my entire harness and starting over with a new ecu is about where I am now on the way to "fix" whatever is wrong. I can get an Holley and LS harness this week or a FuelTech and harness this week. Ms3 hasnt emailed me back yet.

I leave for Race Week Friday and a bunch of No Prep races after that I want to attend and start winning some of my money back I've been spending!! Looks like I already have the car to beat at Salem's friday night No Prep's in the Run What Ya Brung class.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,899 Posts
first outing last night at an airstrip 1/8mi No Prep, had ups and downs. Drove the car there. Ran a 6.20 @116 first hit at only 12psi according to dragy. Made it to semi-finals and was on a hell of a pass but I had my lean-out protection too aggressive and it shut the car off,,,twice. Had him covered by a good bit otherwise. Basically only ran half the track and still did 6.49. Should have been high 5's. 22psi. Sucks, I could have won that event. Small payout, but still. I drove my car there, and back, 90mins each way; first time out would have been awesome to win.

Unfortunately on the way home, it ran like complete shit. spent half the day messing with it today and I think the ecu is fried again. Not sure. acting exactly like last time but the multi-meter isn't telling the same story. running out of time, patience, and funds that I want to allocate! We leave for Race Week early Friday morning.

Have some buddies pushing me to do Holley Dominator. I may end up swapping an entire Ecu, harness and a bunch of accessory wiring at the track Saturday. I really need to consider a new hobby.
My buddy switched to a Holley system when he went efi on his foxbody. Damn neat system learns pretty good.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,129 ·
My buddy switched to a Holley system when he went efi on his foxbody. Damn neat system learns pretty good.

I may end up going FuelTech. Has worked great for Garrett and he works there so that helps also.

Plus holley’s aren’t serviceable. You burn something up, you are buying another $2k dominator. Fueltech is repairable. And the ecu itself is the dash/display. Can have different tunes with a push on the screen.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,899 Posts
I may end up going FuelTech. Has worked great for Garrett and he works there so that helps also.

Plus holley’s aren’t serviceable. You burn something up, you are buying another $2k dominator. Fueltech is repairable. And the ecu itself is the dash/display. Can have different tunes with a push on the screen.
I'll have to research it, but that sounds damn good.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,131 ·
fueltech FT550 is a badass unit. on some of the fastest radial cars in the world

micah's ecu didn't fix it this time. not totally surprised since the injector driver test was good this time on my ecu.

pulling injectors next. They click so not stuck but maybe clogged. who knows. out of ideas.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,132 ·
Fuck Bosch 210lb injectors. I found one iffy one. Replaced four with four recently cleaned ones. Car runs a LOT better. Not perfect but runs.

I’m looking at ID2600 for my car and 1300 or 1700 for Micah’s. Expensive bastards.

17,575 Posts
Fuck Bosch 210lb injectors. I found one iffy one. Replaced four with four recently cleaned ones. Car runs a LOT better. Not perfect but runs.

I’m looking at ID2600 for my car and 1300 or 1700 for Micah’s. Expensive bastards.

Hey Eric, we can help with the ID injectors if you want.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,134 ·
Thanks Chris. Robert at FP has a hook up and checking for me on Monday.

Just pulled #1 plug and it still barely looks run. And I had replaced that one too.

I still may have other issues.

#8 injector was definitely funky so thats probably why it runs better. God I hope a boatload of money on injectors fixes it. But I'm not totally optimistic.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
That sucks that you’re having all these issues. I’m not looking forward to facing all these little demons with my build. Those ID injectors aren’t cheap but I really liked the idea of the stainless steel internals. Definitely should help out with all the caustic gas you run. lol. But you got this and I know you’ll figure this out.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,136 ·
I don't think injectors will solve all of my issues. :(

May be an expensive day tomorrow. If ms3pro guys don't have anything optimistic/encouraging to say, I'm yanking the engine harness and ordering a Fuel tech FT550 through garrett. and the ID2600's through Robert.

Better start winning some big races.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,137 ·

My sawzall “slipped”

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,148 Posts
Congrats on getting it running. Any new videos in the works?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,139 ·
Congrats on getting it running. Any new videos in the works?
Wife will have a short YT vid from our track outing.

And it’s not running again. So that why harness is cut out. FuelTech FT550 ships tomorrow for Wednesday. I will install wed and Thursday night after work. Leave for Race Week Friday early AM.

·
Registered
953 Posts
So that why harness is cut out.
Found anything obviously wrong with it yet? Hard to imagine you were just unlucky to blow two ECUs like that.

I will install wed and Thursday night after work. Leave for Race Week Friday early AM.
Cutting it close again, as always. Looking forward to the video series of you fixing the trailer everyday like last time. :ROFLMAO:

3121 - 3140 of 3167 Posts