Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 2949 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,901 · (Edited)
(y)

So, we talking another month or so before it moves on it's own power?

Bob.
That’s my hope. 2-3 week lead time for axles. Plan to finish suspension and have the car on the ground this weekend to measure for axles. Then work on turbo kit while I wait.

Big concern is engine right now. CNC-Motorsports are 4-5mo out on shortblock builds. So that’s a No Go. Working with a friend fo Robert Young (FP turbos), that has an old aluminum block resleeved for 427 build that needs some repairs. If he can get that patched up at his machine shop, I can use my crank and rods, order new pistons; rebalance crank, and build my own 427.

Good news, Aluminum block and billet tcase help get the car lighter than expected.

Bad news, I currently don’t have another engine plan unless it’s my old iron stroker which is not my preferred path or swap my stroker kit into an aluminum 5.3 block, that I would need to source and hone out myself to fit my 20 over pistons. That plan also forces me to use my well worn PRC heads. If I can get at least a 4” bore, I can run a loaner set of bad mofo CNC heads from FP.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,902 ·

Reactions: lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,904 ·
It's like a bearded, American project Binky!
Lol, those guys are next level with their fabrication and videography. I’m shade tree on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,905 ·

Reactions: mdcrose

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,910 Posts
I'm guessing from the hard to tell pic, that the engine and trans are in, and you're waiting on those axles?
Will you fire the car before the axles arrive?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,907 ·
It’s just a mock up motor that is trash. Had to put it on the ground to measure for axles.

Still waiting on tcase also so I can measure for driveshafts.

-Need to fab a twin turbo kit.
-Build a different motor (ordered a used aluminum 5.3 block, and going to swap my stroker setup into it, but requires grinding for rod clearance, hone for PTW clearance, ring gaps, and assembly.
-mount my new (gigantic) aeromotive 7.0 pump and filter.
-add more bracing and gussets to subframe
-some wiring changes

All in the next 2 months. Ugh.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,910 Posts
Piece of proverbial cake for you sir....

Bob. ;)

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,871 Posts
That looks ridiculously sick!
Eric's work ethic is what's sick. Guy's a machine. Lol

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,911 ·
Thanks guys. Trying to keep chipping away at it

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,913 ·
What? I mean it's only down a cylinder or two...GM used to sell that as a feature.
The crack in block wasn’t an original feature. Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,914 ·
Monkey Bars! Steering shaft! Bumpsteer fix and brace!

It’s ugly, but some rattle cans and big tires will hide it well.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,915 ·

Little rattle can spray bomb

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,917 ·
My feeble brain can't figure out what that giant bracket is, with a wheel hub bolted to it?
That’s attached to the long tierod end customized bolt? If so, it’s to reduce the lever arm the tie rod has on that long mo fo bolt from 6” to 1.25”.

Or you talking about something else?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,919 ·
That bolts to my front diff and hold the diff in place under the motor. (one on each side) I built everything off of that plate...Front cross bar to mount steering rack. bars to chassis. Control arm mounts, etc.

Big hole in center of plate will hopefully have an axle filling it, in 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Looking bad ass. It’s doesn’t matter if it’s pretty. As long as it holds up to the absolute torment you’re about to give it, is all that matters. It does look way better with some paint on it. I admit, I actually had to look up what bump steer was. It was like the 3rd or 4th time I heard that term this week. Figured it might be important or something..lol

2901 - 2920 of 2949 Posts