Reactions: familyMAN

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,804
WAY Cool!!!
Congrats :)

Bob.
Thanks! pretty wild. Car has been in LSX magazine, Dragzine, S3 Magazine. crazy.

There are a few factual inaccuracies in this article, but good enough. And weird a couple of the things that were written and plenty of other good content not included. I basically wrote the whole article myself, including most of the text not quoting me. (other than the intro). But I didn't say it was the first LS swap. I also didn't say that I needed to engineer the Kirkey's to fit. lol. And that's a quote supposedly. lol

Still super cool!!!!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,806
Congrats, but bittersweet. No mention of the fog lights.
But plenty of pics:). I didn’t need be obnoxious about it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,808
Nice man!

Excited to see the AWD setup going also!

Also...let's be honest...you really were the first ls swap!
Nah, you had a running car and there is one in WI too.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,810
AUDI AWD transmissions are very compact and they seem to take power.
I need it to hold 14-1500whp as a start. (And a lot of tq,,,in the 1300 range). Car will be getting an LSX 427 and twin 72’s. Which can be upgraded to twin 78’s as a quick bolt on. Or twin 80’s with a GT45 backside with a little more work.

My biggest concern right now for power holding, is the front axles. Which I haven’t totally figured out yet but have a phased approach of ideas.

If it’s the Audi trans I think you are mentioning, it requires sticking the motor super far forward so that the output of the front axles are in line with the wheels. The opposite of what I want to do.

My glide should hold. If not, a built TH400 will hold. I think the glide will be fine. My trans guy would prefer a TH400 but says if I tighten up the converter, keep temps in check, glide will work.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,812
If you go with the external oil pump you can make your oil pan any shape you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I still have to leave room for 4” stroke so doesn’t really help make it any shallower than it is now.

Reactions: niterydr

·
www.cts-racing.com
1999 Corvette C5 FRC, 1993 Stealth RT/TT
3,226 Posts
Keep it coming!

·
The dark shall be with us
7,458 Posts
I still have to leave room for 4” stroke so doesn’t really help make it any shallower than it is now.

I meant to give you more room for the steering rack. Nissan GT-Rs have smaller transfer case so maybe you can make that fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2801 - 2816 of 2816 Posts