Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2816 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Awesome vids. There’s a reason I haven’t moved out of Florida, my old bones can’t take that cold white stuff, that comes out of the sky. lol. We actually just went to the beach a few weeks ago. I much prefer the gulf beaches to the Atlantic beaches. Much calmer and warmer waters but comes with red tide.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
14,587 Posts
Good stuff...nothing like FL in the winter if you live in the mid-west! There's a reason people move there when they get old, lol.
I'm not, LOL.
It's an OK place to visit, but live? No thanks.

Don't get me wrong, oHIo is NOT the place to live either, but it's the furthest South and West of the Detroit area I got...

Arizona or Nevada might be one of my pics...

Bob.

·
14,587 Posts
Love it!

You go girl!

Bob :)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,785

·
14,587 Posts
So, with the twins, and 4WD, are the chances for breaking shit greater?
Any ET or power goals?

Waiting for you to take it back to stock....

Bob. ;)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,787
Yeah definitely breakage expected. But focusing on really dirty no prep tracks, airports and Mexico which should help.

I want to run mid-5’s in 1/8 on true no prep.

Reactions: niterydr

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Cos the ride so far is Meh!

Nutz on all levels

Reactions: familyMAN

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,789
Cos the ride so far is Meh!

Nutz on all levels
I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Ground clearance will be very tight; haven't figured out where to get axles modified locally yet; car is getting HEAVY; not sure how i'm going to fit a really fatty tire up front; and lastly front/rear gear ratio, roll out will be interesting, and need to get my front diff re-geared.

Long post .......

Planning...
Rear: 3.70 gear; 28x10.5" radial (12" sidewall width); on a 15x10 wheel
Front: 3.42 gear; 26" radial. (actually 26.2-26.4 tall); on a 15x10 wheel.

This keeps ratios relatively the same front/rear, but have the front wheels "pull" a few %. Lot of research, since the front/rear will be locked with a 4wd tcase, if the rear ratio "pushes" from tire growth or tire size difference, and overdrives the front, REALLY bad things happen. Since I don't think I can fit a 28" up front and have room to actually turn the tires, I have to run a 26" which won't grow as much as a 28 and have to be careful with gearing and tire height selection.

Have some options on front tires. Some wider than others. Really concerned with fitting enough tread because the sidewall's get wide on slicks or good drag radials.

For Rocky Mountain Race Week, going to run a Mickey ET Street S/S which is fully highway legal DOT drag radial on both front and rear to make AWD legal in the Rowdy Radial class (the rest of class will run 26x8.5 rwd radial, which has a really bad ass Mickey tire that will easily hold 4's in the 1/8). I likely won't be able to keep up with the top 1 or 2 guys, but think I can stay top half AND I won't have to change tires between drives and racing. Will make it easier on me and more enjoyable and that's what Race Week is about for me.

More fun stuff, getting ready to pull the trigger on an LSX iron block, 427ci. Heavy AF; but block is also strong AF. And has 6 head bolts per cylinder. FP is developing a CNC ported 6 bolt head, so I'll run a set of those.

Twin 72's on a 427 will max out around 1300whp'ish. But also massive tq. I'll max 'em out, then likely switch to twin 78's (drop in) and look for 15-1600whp and that's expected to be the final form of the car. Beyond that, car really needs a better cage/chassis.

I am going to focus only on 1/8 mile racing. Frankly, it scares me to push a 4wd car that I Frankenstein'd, to 170+mph. 135-140mph on a dirty No Prep 1/8 mi track is my goals.

Reactions: niterydr

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,790
Playing with tape measure some more. Ground clearance is going to suck. ~3" if I have ~3" of wheel gap. Yay.

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,984 Posts
Playing with tape measure some more. Ground clearance is going to suck. ~3" if I have ~3" of wheel gap. Yay.
You have already broken your front differential on a Wheelie :(
Did you look at using a Trailblazer SS oil pan where the axle goes through the oil pan?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,792
I couldn’t work out how I could get steering to fit well. Even if I did use that diff, I still have a ground clearance issue with tcase so doesn’t really matter overall.

Using a passenger drop tcase is slightly better for steering from what’s mapped out in my head.

I won’t be doing wheelies anymore. Front Suspension will be tuned to keep the front down. And rear is now setup for a lot of anti-squat which drives the tire into ground and separates the body,,,which will also keep the front down.

Plus adding another 120lbs of diff and axles up front which is a total of 230lbs heavier on nose with iron block than with aluminum block and wheelies.

doing some research, some guys are street driving with 1.5-2” of clearance on headers and pan saver bars, without issues.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,793
Well, 28x10.5 up front might fit! And I can turn the tire more than I thought before it hits the frame rail. This is the extreme example with a 12.75” section width on sidewall. I have other options that are around 11.1-11.5” section width.

Now getting the knuckle to have enough clearance to sidewall, clear brakes, have enough caster, etc and not stick out too far will be the real trick.

28 will help with ground clearance and traction. Plus looks a lot better than this 26”. Which looks completely pansy in person.

To make the gearing work to overdrive the front slightly, I’ll have to gear the front to 3.42 and rear to 3.50. Everything I’ve read, watched and talked to with a people, says to have the front “pull” slightly. If the rear “pushes” the front, bad shit can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lawdogg and mdcrose

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,795 (Edited)
Are you talking about torque bias front to rear or gearing?

You're silly btw, those damn fog lights
Gearing. It’s a 4x4 tcase so it’s 100% locked front/rear.

Fog lights are now apart of my weight reduction. They have LEDs in them and are my driving lights. Pop ups are now just LED’s in snake eyes which are not bright enough on their own. But fogs are lighter than the pop ups.

Reactions: lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,797
It might be time for Bushwhacker Fender Flares. This think that is what Phillip at Supercar Engineering put on his one lap of America car way back in the day
I’ll have less poke than most of the 3Sers and their poorly fitted wheels.

Reactions: John Monnin

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,798 (Edited)
It might be time for Bushwhacker Fender Flares. This think that is what Phillip at Supercar Engineering put on his one lap of America car way back in the day
looks like the flares were pretty pointless on the SCE car. Just hid the cut fender. Unless he put bigger ones on later.

Need some front fenders from thailand lol.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,800
Looks good from side profile, but definitely still 4x4 look head/rear or 1/4 view with what looks like 2-3" poke.

2781 - 2800 of 2816 Posts