Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2721 - 2729 of 2729 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,721
Well I know I ran it a little low on fluid. That may have been enough to start a snowball. We haven’t heard from Converter company yet.

Haven’t ordered pistons/rods yet. Called Texas speed. They did not recommended their drop in combo for the power I even make now, and definitely not future plans. So re-thinking. May do an aluminum rod build and really rev it. But that will take awhile to get together.

So not sure what I’m doing for the $20k payout No Prep in Dec. Might try stock bottom end aluminum block and try to get a bunch of weight out of the car everywhere.

Reactions: lawdogg

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,722
Documenting some weight savings for the hell of it....

Removed pop ups and made little brackets for covers
23lbs - total
39lbs - intercooler
10lbs - PS pump
7lbs - strut brace
15lbs - bias skinnies up front instead of radials

Other plans for the $20k no prep race...
Stock bottom end 5.3...110lbs
Fiberglass doors ... ~120lbs
Rear seats ~20lbs
Passenger seat ~18lbs

So that’s approx 360lbs of weight out once I do all of that. But, I have already added 90lbs in the back and probably will add another 80lbs at least. But probably more like 160lbs for a total of 250lbs in back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,959 Posts
All to be replaced?
To the point of no coming back (to streetable?)

How are the other two cars coming?

Bob. :)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,724
All to be replaced?
To the point of no coming back (to streetable?)

How are the other two cars coming?

Bob. :)
All is easily replaceable. And honestly it’s streetable with the stuff I’m taking out too. (I ordered amazon LED bars to go in snake eyes to see how well they work with foglights for night driving.

Eventually the fiberglass doors will get painted and get optic armor for glass. For this no prep, I plan to run without glass and will put up my window net.

Intercooler mounted and cold side done with stuff I had in boxes. Hot side will require a couple cuts but think I have everything.

DSM cut Engine harness completely stripped down and 3S engine harness finished removing what previous owner did not. Still need to track down where the tech and speed signal is in dash harness. And figure out how to wire all the sensors, IAC, etc. injectors and coil wiring will be the easy part. (Using LS coils and wires I had on the shelf.

More YT vids loading this week.

Reactions: lawdogg

·
Marshall Taylor
1,154 Posts
You and your son are getting after it on his car. Looking good.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,726

Car selfie from last night after work. Started pulling the motor. Swapping heads, valvetrain, etc to one of the stock aluminum 5.3’s.

Ordered the fiberglass doors too :) local 3Ser is selling me stock doors so I can steal the hardware (hinges, handles, window tracks etc). Plan to make the hinges, quick release so I can take them off easily to work on car, plus, I really want to drive around during the summer, like a jeep with no doors. Lol.

Keeping my stock doors intact since I will have to run those for some classes.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
You're a beast dude! Like the shirt too. Who sells fiberglass doors for these cars? Also, that would awesome to drive around in a car, w/o any doors. I've actually never thought about doing that. It will probably feel like a way over powered go-kart! lol.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,728
You're a beast dude! Like the shirt too. Who sells fiberglass doors for these cars? Also, that would awesome to drive around in a car, w/o any doors. I've actually never thought about doing that. It will probably feel like a way over powered go-kart! lol.
ebay does lol. These are old stock. My understanding is they bought out a manufacturer that stopped making them and selling them. Once they are gone, they are gone.

yeah i can't wait to cruise around in summer without doors. lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,729

What a mess. Spent 2 hrs+ getting the ATI damper off the iron block but I won. Lol

Bolted on one head to the aluminum block. Still more to do than I’d like but been working fairly late each night also so not as many garage hours as I hoped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2721 - 2729 of 2729 Posts