Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2681 - 2700 of 2729 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,959 Posts
Just read your Facebook post Eric. You’re a beast dude. Congrats man! That’s a great accomplishment!
I've never been a big social media guy.
Do not have a BOOK of FACES account.

Care to share?

Bob. :)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,682
3rd in my class. Really was 2nd but Tulsa track hated my car and the timing system would red light me every time. Saying I had 2-5 sec 60fts instead of the actual 1.3x 60 ft. One pass said I ran 8.6 at 128 (in the 1/8). That was really a high 5.5 or low 5.6 which would have sealed 2nd place.

Oh well. Still signed up for 3 Race Weeks and completed 3 Race Weeks. Not everyone can say that.

our YouTube channel has vids to and another loading tomorrow.

·
13,959 Posts
Congrats!
Did you enjoy the time with your Dad?
I watched the U.S. Open today and remembered the last time I saw my Dad was in 2000, the 3rd day of the U.S. Open, the weekend of his birthday.

I'm sorry for that, but I had to put that out there....

Can you post vids of your runs here?
I would LOVE to watch them...

Bob.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,684
Congrats!
Did you enjoy the time with your Dad?
I watched the U.S. Open today and remembered the last time I saw my Dad was in 2000, the 3rd day of the U.S. Open, the weekend of his birthday.

I'm sorry for that, but I had to put that out there....

Can you post vids of your runs here?
I would LOVE to watch them...

Bob.

Reactions: lawdogg

·
Registered
501 Posts
Was anyone else having trouble with the lights too? I mean it was pretty clear that you were "bumped in" or whatever it's called and on the trans brake not moving an inch. It also seemed to happen in both lanes. Just sucks that something so stupid robbed you of 2nd place.

Also mind if I ask why the format change(for lack of a better term) compared to the last race week series? I actually enjoyed the daily "vlog" style videos showing all the issues you had along the road.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,687 (Edited)
Was anyone else having trouble with the lights too? I mean it was pretty clear that you were "bumped in" or whatever it's called and on the trans brake not moving an inch. It also seemed to happen in both lanes. Just sucks that something so stupid robbed you of 2nd place.

Also mind if I ask why the format change(for lack of a better term) compared to the last race week series? I actually enjoyed the daily "vlog" style videos showing all the issues you had along the road.
Track said only my car, but that wasn't true. We had others come to my pit that also had trouble. I tried bumping in. Tried fully staging, then getting on trans brake, tried foot brake. Nothing worked for me.

And the video format change was for many reasons...
1) the week was condensed from 7 days to 5 days. Full day of driving, ending with a full night of racing. It kept me busy
2) my kids had school so my wife couldn't stay up to 3-4am every night editing video from that day
3) my dad was driving me nuts. lol I didn't want to video after arguing with him about every single little thing throughout the day, night, etc. So didn't want to video that. He did a good job at the track though getting video of the car which helped us make adjustments to the front and rear suspension to keep from spinning.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,688

New foglight bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mdcrose

·
13,959 Posts
LED?
HID?

Bob. :)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,690
100w, 15 dollar, parts store specials, on 16 volts. They may not last long. lol.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,154 Posts
100w, 15 dollar, parts store specials, on 16 volts. They may not last long. lol.
As long as you have “1G Foglights Bitches” all will be well.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,692
was tempted to get rid of them and swap to 2g setup because it's lighter and tube my front end, but my wife talked me out of it.

·
Registered
17,534 Posts
was tempted to get rid of them and swap to 2g setup because it's lighter and tube my front end, but my wife talked me out of it.
2g fogs in a 1g bumper? :unsure:

How'd she talk you out of tubes?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,694 (Edited)
2g fogs in a 1g bumper? :unsure:

How'd she talk you out of tubes?
I wanted to get rid of pop ups because they are heavy and can delete all of the stock wiring if I get rid of the pop up complexity.
--She likes the popups and fogs. And says I can't change it after trolling the internet for so long about it. lol

We also have another car that I bought specifically for No Prep racing that I haven't posted about yet. Nomie helped me find a sw20 mr2 roller. Going to 4g63 auto swap it. ~60% rear bias for no prep, and should end up around 27-2800lbs race weight without a lot of exotic parts or cutting. Will take some heavy cutting to fit 28x10.5's though. Oh, and it has t-tops :D

So I think I may have come to the conclusion of modifications on my 3000. Want to get the bumper resprayed again, maybe a new hood to replace my beat up one, and one of my aluminum blocks. Mr2 will take some time to build so 3000 will be my race car until it's ready; then it will likely become my wife's race car.

·
Marshall Taylor
1,154 Posts
It’s wonderful you have the wife and family involved with your racing ventures. Good luck!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,154 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,698
Your welder is fearless. No gloves and wearing shorts exposing bare legs. Just saying.
I weld in flip flops and shorts exclusively lol. But I TIG.

Put the clear snake eyes in and unplugged the pop up motors. I dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,700
Mr2 is sweet.
it's currently in pieces and 3 different colors; but will be fast eventually. lol Unfortunately, the cost of the mod-list to run low low 5's/high 7's is a gut punch; doing it all right away is a big chunk to go from zero to hero, but will save money in the end. I'm even stealing some parts from my 3000,,,Kirkey's, old fortune auto coilovers, cable drive fuel pump, IGN1A coils, the extra set of 2150's I have on the shelf.

2681 - 2700 of 2729 Posts