Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2473 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,444
1214hp...is that all you got? Weak, come on I thought you had a turbo LS or something!?
True. True. You wanna race but can I have a head start?

Good lordy. That curve is ridiculous.
I should have had it displayed in MPH. Rpm and an auto isn’t really the right way to do it. In MPH, you’d see 1100+ HP from 80mph to 165mph. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,446 (Edited)
I wonder if thats a record for a 3000gt, even though it isnt the stock powerplant I wonder how many have seen 1200+hp?
More than that. Brian recently did 1300awhp. Nelson did 1300+ thru an auto and italo did 1200+ if I recall.

I’m out of turbo. Maxed the 80mm at 980 out of compressor. Maxed the 88 at 1200. Out of turbine. 99x92. A 1.58 AR is in the works for the 88. And also have a 94mm with much bigger turbine in the works. That’s the end game. 94mm should make 1400+ but will max my fuel system.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,447 (Edited)
Although Nelson dyno’d more and weighed less, I have out ET’d his car. 8.52 vs 8.57. And that was on 17” wheels and DOT radials. :) Less MPH though.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Although Nelson dyno’d more and weighed less, I have out ET’d his car. 8.52 vs 8.57. And that was on 17” wheels and DOT radials. :) Less MPH though.

Should we bring up a cost comparison between you two as well? lol. I can only imagine how much coin he spent on his multiple setups. His engine setups were pretty looking though. I'll give him that.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,449
It’s really not comparable though. He paid people to do stuff and push a platform. I did my own fab work so I can use proven parts. (Other than suspension which I’m finding out requires some more fab work and money but it’s getting there)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It’s really not comparable though. He paid people to do stuff and push a platform. I did my own fab work so I can use proven parts. (Other than suspension which I’m finding out requires some more fab work and money but it’s getting there)

Exactly what I was implying. Two different methods of getting into the 8's. Purchasing an entire pit crew, is probably the more costly way of getting there.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,452 (Edited)
Wow it is amezing to see your results like 1000+ HP. I dont know how to make even 600HP on my 3000GT.
Just spend 1000hrs LS swapping and working out the bugs LOL

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,453

Love staring at this thing.

Can’t stop thinking about 4wd for the past 18months. Might have another winter project.

·
Registered
237 Posts
4wd would be super impressive. Could you even fit a transfer case in there behind your transmission? I mean I assume the trans was a tight fit due to no real transmission tunnel, so slamming a diff behind the trans that could handle that power in would be a challenge. But a diff that could handle that power would probably come from a truck....which means it'd also have high/low gearing selection...which means once your done you have to take it on the beach or off-roading.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,455 (Edited)
Yeah I was thinking a truck 4wd tcase. There are also aftermarket tcases. One has a quick change gear set which would be awesome to change final drive for 1/8 vs 1/4 mile. Not selectable 4hi or 4lo but 4lo would be useless anyway for me.

And I believe I can make it fit with some more cutting. lol. the front diff, steering and suspension will be the bigger challenge than the tcase and front driveshaft. I also have to work around a cable drive fuel pump pulley too which provides another challenge. But, pretty sure I can get it done with some work. Might require making a new turbo kit too.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
1,917 Posts
Can’t stop thinking about 4wd for the past 18months. Might have another winter project.
Just put bigger/wider tires on back, hell front wheel drive won’t help anyway with they're off the ground! :D Trust me I know, speaking from experience with no to minimum steer-ability at times. :eek:

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's one hell of a beast!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,458
Just put bigger/wider tires on back, hell front wheel drive won’t help anyway with they're off the ground! :D Trust me I know, speaking from experience with no to minimum steer-ability at times. :eek:
Tire rules for classes so can’t go wider unless I move to big tire class; although I am willing to cut up the car for somethings, I’m unwilling to back half it and get rid of rear seats for big tires. Also unwilling to have an intake or turbo that sticks above the hood line or all of this would have been a lot easier.

4wd can work. Just have to tune the suspension a bit differently than rwd. Awd/4wd really helps around 100ft out at a pour your own puddle track where it’s sticky at the starting line but not out a bit further. Awd can let it eat.

And then on the street, I’ve added 140lbs to the back and still can’t hook like Garrett or Brian can with awd.

Plus, I just think it would be cool. Lol

Won’t be cheap though. I just called SCS gearbox about the tcase I want... $3800. Plus front driveshaft. Plus custom CV axles. Plus fab work and metal supplies. Plus modify rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
1,917 Posts
Tire rules for classes so can’t go wider unless I move to big tire class; ........
You mean engine change didn’t force you to higher class but tire size would? Strange how things have changed since my racing days.

You also need to determine if the added weight of all components needed for AWD won’t offset performance gain. :unsure:

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,460
You mean engine change didn’t force you to higher class but tire size would? Strange how things have changed since my racing days.

You also need to determine if the added weight of all components needed for AWD won’t offset performance gain. :unsure:
No prep drag racing classes are based on tires, suspension, chassis etc to try to equalize. (Interior or no; stock glass or lexan; exhaust rules; steel door or not, etc etc) in fact, Awd is not allowed in some races.

And I’m very capable of using a weight to ET calculator. ;)

2441 - 2460 of 2473 Posts