Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2473 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,422

So it was converter surgery day (after dropping trans first). Moved these fins back to loosen it up in high gear. Hopefully i moves them enough and it helps.

Putting it back together tomorrow. Rest of evening I spent boxing up 4Gswap mounts and catching up on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,777 Posts

Not gonna lie, had to stare for a good 30 seconds to see anything other than the non-flush exhaust cut out cover.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,424
Not gonna lie, had to stare for a good 30 seconds to see anything other than the non-flush exhaust cut out cover.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Is what it is right now. My bumper I pulled up on the bottom side to help keep it from being a parachute down the track. Pulling it up, changed the shape of bumper and the cover is doing its best to hang on. Lol.

I actually thought about pushing the bumper lip back down which would hide some of my fancy parts more.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,425 (Edited)
Been running 75-85% methanol for the past few days. I have just enough fuel for 20psi’ish. Adding the extra two injectors this weekend. (I’m out of fuel pump though too).

Cable and belt arrive in approx 1 week for the big Bertha fuel pump. -10AN feed line from pump to filter came in today.

Bit of a set back on the front suspension. I broke a control arm, doing a burnout, initiated by a trans brake launch with the front brakes line-locked. Instant Snap. Too much grip with big drag radials and it found the weak point up front. Happened at zero MPH.

Roadside repair, by jacking it up and removing control arm which I took home and welded up and then re-installed and drove it home. Messed up the steering rack too I guess because I didn’t have power steering on the way home.

Surprisingly, the fender and door was easily fixed with a pry bar and a couple dead-blow hammer whacks. Can’t even tell it happened. I’m shocked. Thought I would need a new fender.

·
Escaped
4,778 Posts
Damn its been a while. Love the changes!

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,427

Injector bungs in intake tube.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,428 (Edited)

Installed, wired and idled. Pretty cool. Just have it wired to the #1 injector. So those two are spraying all the time and injector pulse will go up with the rest of the injectors. Simple.

I’ll plan to just unplug the injector clips for pump gas driving.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Wow, that sucks a bit. I'd say you had a quite a bit of forward power, when you snapped that like a twig. Any plans on re-enforcing that area or upsizing the tubing size? Or do you think the weld will hold? You must have had lady luck with you that day. When I saw the carnage pictures at first, it made me cringe. lol. Glad it wasn't too much damage. Figure out what's up with the power steering yet?

Fuel setup is both badass and mind boggling. lol.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,430
I’m replacing the steering rack and reinforcing both control arms tomorrow. That weld repair was so I could get it home.

Yeah, can’t believe the damage to fender/door basically popped right back together. It was pretty ugly.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I’m replacing the steering rack and reinforcing both control arms tomorrow. That weld repair was so I could get it home.

Yeah, can’t believe the damage to fender/door basically popped right back together. It was pretty ugly.

Gotcha. I was going to say, surely you wouldn't leave that be w/o upgrading. lol. Also, good thing you can weld like a champ. That's definitely a handy skill to have.

One of these days, I'll plunk down the cash for a decent TIG welder and learn the ropes. Currently, running a cheapo 110v Lincoln flux core. It's good for smaller projects, but my welds leave a lot to be desired.

BTW, do you have a drain in your garage?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,432
Lincoln makes a decent priced TIG now.

Yeah drains in garage. Just dump to outside yard.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,433

Added the triangle brace. This is the non broken side. Other side I did the same plus a piece across the front too.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,434
All done and tested. Needs an alignment badly.

Could only run 20psi on full methanol. IAT looked great though. And car pulled well for 20psi.

Can’t wait to install the cable for cable drive pump, crank the base fuel pressure and run 30psi!!

Fuel mileage is awful. Barely giving it throttle, cruising at 50mph, my gauge said 8.8mpg. Lol. That’s as good as it possibly gets!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Lincoln makes a decent priced TIG now.

Yeah drains in garage. Just dump to outside yard.

Cool. That's a nice feature. I know a lot of detailers put drains in their garages. Kinda wish I had one.

All done and tested. Needs an alignment badly.

Could only run 20psi on full methanol. IAT looked great though. And car pulled well for 20psi.

Can’t wait to install the cable for cable drive pump, crank the base fuel pressure and run 30psi!!

Fuel mileage is awful. Barely giving it throttle, cruising at 50mph, my gauge said 8.8mpg. Lol. That’s as good as it possibly gets!
So who do you have do your alignment? I'd image you don't pull up to a Firestone and have them do it.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,436 (Edited)
I have two local tire shops I use. I tell them what I want and they do it. Alignment on my car is actually pretty easy. I have double adjuster ends on every bar. Plus, my eyeball is pretty calibrated. I’ll be within 1/2* on camber and caster. And usually no more than 1/8” on toe. Getting front to rear aligned has been a challenge to eyeball though.

Going to do an eyeball alignment today so I can keep playing with the tune and burning through gals of methanol. lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,438
The road in front of your house has to look like a burnout box by now
My road was re-paved in the fall. I’m not doing burnouts on it. Just random spots on highway to test launch.

And do big nasty burnouts in front of my Friends’ houses.

I have forbid my friends from doing burnouts in front of my house now too. Neighbors don’t really like me already, figured we should respect the county workers though since they spent a lot of time re-paving the road. My uncle is one of those workers. He’d probably string me up. Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,439

My new FP8892 vs s475 and vs HD8088

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,440
Dyno day scheduled for Friday. Going to do 80 vs 88 back to back.

Some work to get prepared. Dropped fuel tank last night to install a new sending unto for fuel gauge. Seems to work. And a necessity now with trying to street drive on methanol. Sucks fuel fast.

Also properly mounted battery per NHRA rules. It was half assed before.

That all took much longer than I hoped and was up late.

Started on fuel lines, but realized I bought the wrong fitting for the outlet on fuel pump. So ordered one last night and going to make my own as a temporary deal until it comes in by welding a couple together to create something that works good enough.

Tonight is that task and routing fuel line and routing cable.

2421 - 2440 of 2473 Posts