Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2370 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,301 (Edited)
Damn that's a good drive for ya. I'm about an hour half away. Seems like your gonna have some fresh asphalt to play with.

Yeah it’s a haul. And $150 buy in sucks if I don’t make it past first round. Lol.

I’ll have enough power, but it’s all about chassis setup and power management.

I need to get my car together soon enough to be able to do testing on my streets first. Play with traction control. Play with weight. Play with my timing and boost ramp. And my “scramble” which will be approx 150shot of nitrous (removing the jet entirely, so whatever the solenoid and nozzle can flow).

That’s my issue. Anyone can make 1200hp+ now. It’s now the testing that separates and I’m behind the 8 ball right now already.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,302

Marked true TDC. Back in. Water pump controller wired. New AEM x series wired.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,303

Coil pack wiring and making spark plug wires was a lot of damn work! So I decided to skip the EGT install for some other time. I also installed the EMap sensor and wired it.

In theory, it’s ready to start this morning. Just need to put the downpipe on and connect to full exhaust.

No dash in it yet, but I want to hear it run first :)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,229 Posts
Nice coil packs ... are those exposed nipples hot?
Unless I am mistaken, the four plugs below (on each side) get plug wires from the coil pack to the plug. Thereby UN-EXPOSING those nipples (it's fun typing nipples!!!)

Bob.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,306
The coil pack “nipples” are covered by plug wires in other pics. Plug wires that I made and took forever! (Edit: bob beat me)

I had PS the whole time. MR-S electric hydraulic pump. I decided to move the pump to the engine with an Fbody pump (corvette spacing though) to make the setup more compact. Unfortunately it ended up biting me in the ass on my WG on that side and had to do an extension, that ended up making the WG in the way of my cold air intake I had built.

So now I have a warm’ish air setup, pulling from behind foglight but everything looks tidy.

I’ll also be injecting meth pre turbo to cool the incoming charge and will be there during the first compression of air, ready to flash. Also still have my nitrous nozzle pre-turbo.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,308
Ah, right, the plugs are down under. I clearly don't know my way around an LS!

Didn't you try it with manual steering a long time ago? I think I remember having that discussion.
I had it for maybe a month. Hated it. Plus, power steering takes load off the steering shaft and joints. IMO, this is safer since it’s a totally adapted setup.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,309 (Edited)

Back on the ground and interior back in, but i think it’s still too much to do to make the race down south feb29 and my weekends leading up to it are booked :(

Hopefully there is something close’ish a week or two after that, in March.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,310 (Edited)
It runs. :D Posted a vid on facebook. I'll do a better vid for youtube eventually and post up here.

Gets on the converter super fast even with the tune too rich and bogging a little coming up. I thought it would slow down getting on the converter with the much bigger cam and the loss of tq with the intake mani but the converter is doing it's job well, and I have a good handle on timing manipulation to get what I want. So from WOT to 14psi at 4k was ~2 secs :D and it will get a hair quicker when I lean out the bog.

The electric water pump is awesome. Can cool the car off quickly with the engine off and fans/pump running. Only issue is I have the temp sensor for ecu on the head and the temp sensor for the water pump is in the radiator. Major temp differences with the fans on. duh. oops. So may try tapping into the ecu temp sensor wiring for the pump.

Also finished removing the water to air intercooler components (for sale:D) and swapped the bigger methanol pump in to the meth tank.

At this point, I just want to drain out the e85 and start a new base tune with pump gas only and build from there.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,311
Took the car out today. Had one setting wrong with boost control and ended up running 95% duty cycle with 100% TPS lol oops. So 32psi by 5000rpm and lots of tire spin with drag radials on cold/wet road. Fixed that and ran wastegate of 13psi to start dialing in the rest of the fuel map. Getting leaned out below 6k and adding fuel above 6k. Exactly as suspected.

Need to make a restrictor for the high pressure outlet of PS pump. It's way too aggressive and a known issue when putting an LS pump on a ford rack. Easy fix with a -6an to -6an coupler, a welder and a drill bit. That and an alignment and it's ready to make passes.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,313
It wasn't lean at 6k and 32psi. It was rich. I had the whole map set up rich to start with by adding 10% everywhere in boost. Plus I upped the jetting in my meth kit and a bigger fuel pump so it's even richer still. I set the turn on point for meth at 20psi and planned on having the boost below that to work on the VE map before adding meth (and then I can just subtract around 20% fuel once it kicks on), so with hitting higher boost than I planned, the meth was on too. No big deal. I had the boost cut at 350kpa; otherwise it would have went even higher. :D

Now I need to lean out the fuel map down low (after taking my 10% back out) since I lost some tq below 6k and richen it up top compared to what it was. The 10% is actually close at 7500+ but not that much at 6-7k.

Hope that makes sense. lol

Bottom line, no fear of hurting anything. I've run more boost than that with more timing and more load (keep in mind I was spinning also)

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,314
Pulled the PS pump fitting. Planned to weld it and drill it. But with all the angles was hard to get the anodizing off so couldn’t weld. Decided to shove a nitrous jet in the opening on pump side as my restrictor. Seems to be less powered in garage at idle but I’ll find out tomorrow on the road. I have smaller jets too. Lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,315 (Edited)
eBay duraflex lip for a mustang fits pretty darn good. Little short on the ends but otherwise fits better than the retrospec, was $60, instead of $250 and won’t shatter. It’s exactly the style I wanted anyway for many years and compromised with the retrospec style.

The holes in bumper for old side exits have been bothering me. Saw someone on FB post a pic with wrx sti inserts and they looked good and big enough to mostly cover my holes. $75 for the pair. Just need to do some more cutting

Also bought another GT500 hood vent to modify. I’m window welding the bastard in this time.

That will take care of the cosmetic stuff (paint is a bit rough but it’s no show car).

Only two things I don’t like about latest round of engine changes....
1) solid motor mounts suck. So much more vibration in car vs poly. But I destroyed the poly mounts so it was kind of a necessity.
2) the throttle is a lot stiffer with the new throttle body. Makes the car feel somewhat lazy because it takes more effort to press throttle.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,318
I hate heavy throttle pedals. Can you take a loop out of the return spring on the throttle body? Or is that not an option when you've got a bajillion horsepower?
I guess I could.

I actually really need to add a second external return spring too for NHRA safety rules. (have to have dual springs).

I may have to play with it though. It’s pretty tight. It might be the angle though too. The new intake changed things. The cable looses leverage about half way through the motion but it’s right before that too.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,319 (Edited)

Made another hood vent. It’s not super secured in there yet so can’t do a 1/4 mile blast yet. But going to get a tube of window-weld and glue that bastard down. The hood is floppy around it so air could definitely get in and around and put pressure where there shouldn’t be. Sealing up with window weld should really help out.

2301 - 2320 of 2370 Posts