Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2380 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,281
Sexy! And I love the radiator extractor. May try an do something like that for my car, highly doubt it needs it though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Which one? My hole with a hose extractor, or the actual fancy one that is just for reference and dreaming?

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I really like how far MegaSquirts stuff has come in the last 10-15 years, is that what you have been running your car on this whole time?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,284
I really like how far MegaSquirts stuff has come in the last 10-15 years, is that what you have been running your car on this whole time?
Yeah ever since LS swap I’ve had the MS3Pro-EVO with the LS harness. The Ultimate just has more inputs and outputs. Same ecu otherwise. I was out of outputs so was using the spare injector outputs to trigger my shifter and extra fuel pumps.

Plan is to put those back as injectors and spray more fuel into the turbo for IAT reduction and for extra fueling. Eight 210lb injectors at 90psi base pressure is probably not enough fuel for a bigger turbo. But 9 or 10 injectors is and may be able to lower the base pressure for pump gas friendly cruising.

It should run deep 9’s pretty easily with pump gas and meth injection anyway so plan to have fun on pump/meth on the street and methanol/meth at the track.

So more fuel from all angles. Bigger meth injection pump. More jetting. Cable drive fuel pump instead of 4 bosh 044’s. At least one extra 210lb fuel injector. And some additional base pressure.

I’m thinking non-intercooled on methanol, wirh the new cam and intake, this turbo should get me close to 1300HP trap. I have my eyes on a couple bigger turbo options to push to 1400-1500HP+

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,286 (Edited)
Unfortunately not easy to do all of this. A lot of work. And since my LS is in a chassis that it’s not supposed to be in, adds additional work at times. Example...the IGN1A coil mounts. Should be easy peasy bolt-on but isn’t since that back coil hit the passenger firewall. So I had to flip the bracket, grind bracket for each coil clearance and modify to be able mount it all to the valve cover up higher too.

Other issues were caused by building the turbo kit first, then adding other mods. So I have to again, modify “bolt-on” mods.

The initial swap wiring job was “easy” because I bought a swap harness. I’m wiring the 4Gswap ms3pro harness in my son’s car from just a universal pigtail harness. So need to do my own relays and power wiring for coils, fuel pump, fuel injectors, fans. And do my own branching of 5v sensor grounds and sensor power.

Displacement (AND powerglide) certainly helps getting my 3300lb car to run 8’s and still streetable, but it’s been hundreds and hundreds of hours. (I’m sure, over 1000hrs by now with the fab and wiring to get to this point). You could skip to the end a little quicker since I’ve replaced some mods with more mods and that takes double the time but that’s not applicable to the whole build.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,287

KakBlock is back and heads resurfaced. No more Athena gaskets. Stock MLS instead. Too much damage from the Athenas with a blown gasket.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,291
Yeah block turned out great! Can’t wait to get it together with the proper cam and intake. Methanol should be fun too.

I really want to try to fit some cheap and heavy parts under the car but it would require a redesign of my subframe.

Also would need to spend approx $1200 to get my powerglide converted to a shorty version.

It’s kind of dumb but I can’t get it out of my head.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,293 (Edited)
Back to awd. Would be cool to see it come full circle and back to 6g
It’s been discussed. Awd 6g swap a 3000gt. LMAO. There is a class at WCF that a 6g awd auto could do okay in. Would have to make 1300hp out of just twin 58mm turbos though. No easy task there.

A 4wd LS project just keeps eating at me though. Lot of work. Lot of fabrication and customization. And not sure what issues would come up when trying to feed a bunch of power through it all.

Really should just stick to what I have and add more power if anything. I'm only an aftermarket block, 6bolt heads and more turbo(s), away from 1800HP. lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,295
Adapting doesn’t really work for many reasons. One, it’s not stock style front suspension so against rules. But mainly, width of mounting points and track needs to be exact to fit everything (including wheels, downpipe, etc) and height of engine needs to be exact to fit in car too. I’m better off making my own in my opinion and it still may not fit how I want it (under stock hood line, tuck 275’s under stock fenders, non 4x4 ride height, at least 2.5” ground clearance etc.

Also, looks like engine would have to set way too high to clear the subframe and rack.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,296
Just found an adapter that allows the stock length powerglide instead of shorty glide. No easy fix for the front diff yet. Pretty sure an 4x4 s10 diff will fit under the pan, behind my steering rack. but it may be too low.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just found an adapter that allows the stock length powerglide instead of shorty glide. No easy fix for the front diff yet. Pretty sure an 4x4 s10 diff will fit under the pan, behind my steering rack. but it may be too low.

What about the Trailblazer SS?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,298 (Edited)
The diff mounting is nice and doesn’t take up a lot of space, but it makes some other things worse, like steering rack for one. A TBSS puts the steering rack at the back and under the pan. That won’t work for me. I’d have to put the rack further up front which gets in the way of other things.

Plus the TBSS diff is an open diff. Frying one wheel up front and only getting half power to the back will make me a lot slower than I am now. An LSD is low production aftermarket and approx $1200. Not the approach on how I’m building my car now. I want easy access to parts and easy replacements.

I shouldn’t even do 4wd and may still talk myself out of it.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,299 (Edited)

Started yesterday with the 5.3 longblock still in the car. Got it out and torn down because I had put the new monster cam in it, my good lifters, lifter trays, pushrods, and oil pan; and needed all of those. Also the stock heads had good TSP springs in them that I sold to a buddy. Just gave him the heads too. They are more compression than his 5.7 heads and he’ll need it for the monster cam he is putting into his NA gen4 catfish.

Cleaned up the KakBlock and started assembly. Couple snags along the way. My two piece front cover is shaped different at the crank pulley and my cog portion (for cable drive pump) of new damper was eating into the front seal and wasn’t even pressed on all the way. So break out the puller to pull the damper back off. Nope. Broke puller. (It was damaged trying to get off the last damper that KakPerformance ended up having to get off for me). Luckily, a new puller from parts store worked and was able to swap covers and press on the damper all the way.

Rest of assembly went well. Even drilled the block for dipstick tube so I can check my oil level this year. Lol. Didn’t hit goal of getting assembled longblock in the car but not too bad. Knocked out a map revision this morning for an AEM tuning customer and heading to the airport. Unfortunately flight this morning and gone for a few days.

Should have a full weekend of car work next weekend. plan to get engine in car and start on all of the wiring changes, plus the EGT install.

Trying to get it together in time for a No Prep down in Mississippi feb29. North vs South. Team260 buds are pushing me to come.

Oh, reminds me, local bud is going to grab a bucket of used lead wheel weights for me so I can melt down and pour into forms (that I need to make) and bolt them to car for the back of track No Preps. Going to put some on the axle itself and some in rear bumper area.

2281 - 2300 of 2380 Posts