8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,262
It’s 1 cyl away from front mid engine.

Tape measure is approx hub center.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,263
$58 Amazon wastegate extension was not only about the same price as flanges, but also saved me time from cutting and welding. Worked perfect and wastegate is no longer trying to share the same space as the power steering pump pulley.

Also put in a .3 bar spring in each to compliment the .4 bar springs already installed. So should be around 10psi gate instead of 6psi.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,264
Belt routing plan for water pump delete. Using an old mitsu eccentric timing pulley for a tensioner:)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice build

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,266

Had some fancy parts come in today

Unfortunately have 4 different components trying to occupy the same area. Think it’ll be fine once I make my own water pipes instead of the silicone kit.

·
Bored User
8,533 Posts
Remind me - what's the diameter of the piping with the wastegates and flange?

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,268 (Edited)
I’ll have to measure. around 2.0-2.5”. My turbo kit crossovers are only 2.25” OD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,269
Remind me - what's the diameter of the piping with the wastegates and flange?
Just under 2" OD on the wastegate extension tube. 44MM Tial gates.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,270

Was able to chop up the water pipe kit, modify it, and then build my own upper and lower radiator pipes. I think it turned out pretty cool.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,273
Thing is going to fly! Can't wait for 7's
Me either! Can’t believe I’m saying that. Crazy world.

I leave little bread crumbs for people to follow and comment on. They aren’t always picked up but thank you sir for collecting this one :)

Upward angle of TB on this intake makes for a weird snorkel but it works.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,274
Just some random stuff I'm thinking about....

Putting a meth nozzle pre-turbo to help get some more out of my turbo. Thinking about an extra injector also or instead. I have extra bosch 210's and injector output on my ecu I could control it with. Just run a couple lines from fuel rail. I'll barely have enough fuel injector when I switch to m1 even with 90psi base pressure, so this can get some extra fuel in for me too. Just silly things I'm looking at instead of a properly sized intercooler. lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,276
I already have a whole a2w setup so doesn’t affect radiator, but the core was too small. I don’t have room to fit a bigger core unless I move the turbo. Thought about doing twins and can fit a nice core with how I had it planned out but decided against for now.

Would have done things differently from the beginning if I had any intentions of 1300HP+.

Trying to “keep it simple” for this round of mods; That is, if a cable drive fuel pump, lots of meth injection, an upgraded ECU, CAM-EGT setup etc, can be considered simple. lol.

Still have a lot to do on my son’s 4Gswap before June when he gets his license.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,277
Meh, Intercoolers add weight, and block radiators ;)
Oh and I trimmed the coupler and adjusted it all a bit. Looks a lot better now.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,278 (Edited)

I kept blowing out the GT500 hood vent. Was going to buy another (section to fit), window weld and gorilla glue it in, but prices went up on them a lot and it may happen again anyway, so free solution....1” heater hose I had on the shelf. Slit it and shoved it in. I may still need to attach it permanently somehow. 160++ mph may push it off. I don’t “think” it will though.

Not nearly as good as something like this, but is better than nothing for now; I'll probably get another GT500 hood vent at some point soon though.

2261 - 2280 of 2380 Posts