Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Best Mod Ever
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, dammit. I bought Bacho a couple of things for xmas, and one was the EK2mfg plenum harness cover plate that 3sx sells.
Well, guess what!! It doesn't fit on the 99 vr4. the plenum harness connectors are different!!!

Here is the 97 engine. the arrow on the left points to the harness points. the arrow on the right points to no harness.

Here is the 99 engine. the arrow on the left points to a completely different harness set up, and the arrow on the right points to another harness.

of course, I just put the cover on my car, here is a pic.

DAMN 99 VR4s!! I am going to blow it up when he isn't looking.

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
We were looking at that very thing this weekend

The "harness" on the '99 plenum is one of the solenoids from the firewall next to the boost control solenoid. Lookin at Bacchus car their is a solenoid missing from the firewall bracket just behind the throttle body (see the empty bolt holes)

The two connectors in that position (under your new plate) on your car are just below and to the passenger side of the solenoid and mouted vertical instead of horizontal

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
Actually, there is quite a bit of difference in the vacuum line configration

If you look closely.

There are three built-in (lettered P E A) vacuum connections on the throttle body on your car. The '99s have them but only use E and A.

Also lookin on th forwad face of the intake jus inside the throttle body - notice the additional vacuum line below the single one on the '97. I ony wish I was smart enough to know what it all means:(

(he heads for bed knowing at his age he's lucky to remember who he is every morning)

·
Registered
397 Posts
KuJaX said:
i need to pick my honey up some christmas presents. :)

that's right, he's my bitch;)

·
Supreme creator of stuff
3,573 Posts
you want something?

I could always make a 99 only for ya :)

just let me know what you want...if it looks like it will sell I could make a few more then make some cash ;)

always looking to do other stuff

bobk.

·
Best Mod Ever
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: you want something?

ek2mfg said:
I could always make a 99 only for ya :)

just let me know what you want...if it looks like it will sell I could make a few more then make some cash ;)

always looking to do other stuff

bobk.
Bob, I would be interested, let me know if you think it would be possible. Do you have a 99 engine to work off of? I am not sure exactly how it would work.

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Why didn't you just buy him a double ended dildo like last year.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.