Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grantm--Thanks for the info. How much should it run to get a new water pump installed? I just had the complete tune-up about 20,000 miles ago. They said the water pump was fine. I also just had the coolant changed at the Mitsubishi garage about a month ago. Shouldn't they have checked the water pump out?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just noticed in my garage an anti-freeze leak under the drivers side of my 1994 3000GT. Any thoughts as to what may be leaking? Is it the water pump? Thanks for any info.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
I just purchased a water pump from carparts.com from a link on http://3si.opcode.org/Links.htm
Using the link will give you 33% off.
I think my water pump came to $50 plus shipping. It is possible that your timing belt got wet so you might have to get a new one. I got one for about $50 from the same place. It would be wise to get a new timing belt since they have to take it off to replace the water pump anyway. You will also need a gasket for the water pump which is only like a dollar. My total came to $115 for the 3 things. Someone said that they got an estimate of $390 (6.5 hrs @ $60/hr) for the installation. Good luck.

Hans

1 - 4 of 4 Posts