Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally finished my project. my 1994 base 3000gt with a j-spec VR-4 swap. its running great but i still have to get a downpipe mad eto house the o2 sensor so it will boost normal. it really wasnt that hard considering i had a whole other half of a car to see how things went together and so fourh. It was my first motor swap but i am very satisified in the way things turned out. after everything is running right ill make up a complete list of everything i have added and hopefully ill have some 1/4 mile times to post.

I have to say i couldn't have done anything without the help of the shop of where my car was under construction "AlternativeAutoworks" and my mechanic Shannon Gordon which made things so much easier with his answers to everything i had a question aboput along the way.

Also i have to thank Hans and Gatecraser which answered many questions i had about the swap.

i guess all i have to say is :):)

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
congrats!

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
Nice job Huey

Now stay away from me and don't embarrass me in my onw home town!!!!!

haha

Thanks to Shannon / Automotive Autoworks for hosting Marshall and SuperC who came over yesterday. Oh , and for turning my oil change into an exhaust upgrade.:eek:

Some Nice 3si Rides (and good people) on the lot yesterday:D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Congrats.......

;) i heard about your frankenstein project :D.Congrats and good luck on your new car.

Mike(VR4_Owners),Marshall,and Super C was at my hause last night.Mike was helping me adjusting my timming belt.We should finish it today.

I have a bunch stock VR4 stuff that i need to get rid off.Stock Intercooler and piping,Stock DP and cat,Stock exhaust.Let me know if you need any of them,you welcome to take anything you want.All this do is taking space in my garage ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey eric interested in downpipe and cat. how much. i may just go get a custom dp made tomorrow since i dont know if the stock one will work. what kind of dp do you have aftermarket.

bob thanks again for letting me look under your hood. ill try to stay away from you...:) and yes yesterday was fun up at the shop we should do that more often. how do you like the new exhaust with my gutted cat?

·
I'll Never Grow Up!
1,073 Posts
tis a sweet note/growl:D

I think my car breeds . . . er . . . breaths easier now;)

One of us needs to get missile's cat for backup though:eek:

Let me know if you wanna drive over

·
Registered
636 Posts
congrats on the project... where did you order the engine, na3000gt24? did you upgrade your tranny, buy a new ecu?... thanks for the reply in advance

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got a whole j-spec front clip so it had everything i needed. and i used my tranny of the n/a. so far its running great theres just a few bugs i gotta work out.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
na3000gt24 said:
i got a whole j-spec front clip so it had everything i needed. and i used my tranny of the n/a. so far its running great theres just a few bugs i gotta work out.
Any chance you got that from a place in NC?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope caifornia, why?

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
na3000gt24 said:
nope caifornia, why?
A company over here in NC has a front clip of a j-spec car compleet w/ an auto awd tranny.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn i didnt think there were that many clips like this in the states. the one i got was a 5 speed

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Did u able to dyno it yet? U probably only lost 10 to 15% to the wheels.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey na3000gt24, congradulations on the swap, i think it's awesome to see more swaps cause i think it's a worthwhile thing to do. Couple questions for you. About how much was the total cost and how's the wheelspin with all that extra power?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Re: Congrats.......

99missile said:

Mike(VR4_Owners),Marshall,and Super C was at my hause last night.Mike was helping me adjusting my timming belt.We should finish it today.
Helping you??? HAHAHAHA I love your sense of humor...

·
Want Some?
1,057 Posts
Congrats Huey...thanks for letting Super C and I hang out with you! Can't wait to see that car in action.

g8rbob...your car is sweet...can't wait to hang out again!

·
og
4,293 Posts
many congratulations, i wish you the best of luck with your new car! safe travels and racing.

- mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts