Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'92 RT/TT with 2nd Gen front end conversion... new paint, new GTPro rebuilt buller proof engine, new GT357 turbos, etc....

OK, the straw has broke the camel’s back. My loss is your gain.

While cruising on the freeway, I decide to make a few downshift runs after seeing a long traffic-free straight. Suddenly, a loud thud and a puff of white smoke followed. The transfer case shattered, and it also cracked the tranny where the transfer case bolts to the tranny. I guess too much HP is not a good thing… Both the transmission (maybe only need to fix the case) and transfer case will have to be replaced. The transfer case gave me 100K+ hard miles and the tranny, 2nd, 25 spline, has close to 100K of flawless miles, so I am not too disappointed. If it was the OTHER big thing, heads will be rolling.

The engine is a GTPro/Bensons ( www.gtpro.com ) built motor. JE pistons, Crower rods, etc. The engine and the GT357 turbos have less than 4K miles. (Car odometer reads 108K miles.) Proper steps of breaking in the engine with conventional oil have been completed. Currently on its first dose of synthetic Royal Purple motor oil. All services including timing belt, oil pump, water pump, fluids, etc. were done during the engine rebuilt, so no further service is needed until you reach that 30K, 60K, etc.

$3K body paint is less than 2yrs old. Exterior is in mint condition. Interior is also mint except the side of the driver seat has a minor rip from butt traffic.

Mods are mostly listed below, and all are in excellent working condition. I have data logged zero knock @ 22+ psi of boost with 100oct gas (could go higher, but I’m not ashamed to tell you that I was scared); and less than 7 knock sum (very safe level of knock.. could probably get the knock down to zero by richin up the ARC... but too much fuel will probably slow the car down) @ 19 psi of boost with 93-4oct gas (38% 100oct gas mix with 62% 91oct gas).

Hi-Performance Mods:
- Forged rods & pistons
- GT357 twin turbos
- Custom GT Pro front mount intercooler
with hard IC pipings
- 550cc RC Engineering injectors
- HKS/Cusmo hi-flow fuel pump
- SplitSec/GT Pro ARC fuel controller
- 83mm big bore MAF conversion
- K&N monster flow cone filter
- Magnecore wires & NGK copper plugs
- Blitz DSBC electronic boost controller
- Trust off-road exhaust (turbo-back)
- Dual Apexi N1 mufflers
- Greddy Type-S BOV
- Setrab oil cooler
- Fidanza lightweight aluminum flywheel
- Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
- HKS TwinPower Ignition Amplifier

Safety, Cosmetic, & Misc Mods:
- Momo Champion steering wheel
- C's short throw shifter
- Razo shift knob & pedals
- Autopower rollbar with camera mount
- Road Race Engineering rear strut bar
- Simpson 5-point harness
- Custom front bumper with Bozzspeed lip
- Custom hood scoop fresh air opening
- 18X8.5 & 18X9.5 Super Advan SA3R rims
(with 245/40ZR & 275/35ZR tires)
- Greddy turbo timer
- Greddy Boost & EGT gauges
- ARM-1 air/fuel mixture meter
- Brembo Big Brake kit
- Ground Control/H&R/Eibach/KYB suspension
- Hella real HID lighting
- Battery relocated to trunk
- Greddy Oil Catch can
- Pioneer cassette with 6CD changer
- Soundstream Amp with 7 speakers sound system

The car is definitely in awesome condition except the transaxle and the transfer case. I do not want the hassle of fixing it. I am pretty sure if the car is fixed, I will be having too much fun and won’t want to sell it again… But in the event that you do want this car and some kind of deal is reached, Kormex (Premier 3000GT/Stealth transmission, transfer case, differential, etc. builder/upgrade) is conveniently located locally to me. I can help/monitor to see a good transfer case and transmission goes in. Also, might be a good opportunity for a 6 speed transmission upgrade.

Please note this is a racecar with no smog devices. You will be responsible for passing your local smog. (I can get it to pass CA smog at time of sale.) The car is current CA registered till 9/2002.

If you are looking for a stock car or something within the Blue Book value, this is not the car for you. If you are looking for something different, one of the kind beast that can out run 99.9% of the cars you see on your daily commute, shoot me an email and let’s talk (only if u r really interested please...).

$20,000 obo
(a Kormex tranny & transfer case combo will run u around $2K)

I seriously don't need any bitchin and moaning on the price.. if u dont like it please don't feel the need to insult me... thank you~ :)

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
i tell you what, ill give you 2 classic mustangs AND the deathsled for it, and you dont even have to fix the tranny, hehe

got any more pics somewhere? maybe my mother would be more interested in this car than joe's "99" spyder.....

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
I can vouch for the fact that this car is definately a beast and is very well built.

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
Damn G.!!! :( Too bad ... I wish the best. Maybe I will win lottery and buy your car ????? :)

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deathsled,
This aint ur mama's type of Dodge... :D but if she got the cash, its all good~ hehe...

Rob,
Thanks man!

Frank,
If u win the lottery... dont buy this car... buy a Ferrari, McLaren, or something... :rolleyes: :D

Greg,
I have no plans to buy any car right now. I'll move moving abroad in a couple of month for a new career...

Lawrence,
ASAP. The longer it sit, the more desire I have to spent the cash and get it running. And u know when it's running, I wouldnt wana give it up again... :( You know someone that will be interested? Or is it for urself??? :confused:

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
so you're saying we're NOT trading? hehe, i mean, the deathsled is such a steal in itself...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Call dibs on this car!

Hi. Just got my car stolen. Getting settlement this week. This is just the type of car i was looking for. (already modified) Also we will have to get prices on getting the tranny and transfer cas upgraded to hold the power ;D

YOU HAVE MAIL. open ASAP for i am in a real hurry to buy a new car.

Thanks
Shane

ps. Look forward to hearing your reply.

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
Damn!

Sad to see the car go G :( :(

This is a real fine car, I've seen it many, many times and George has always cared for it! If I had the money, I'd consider buying it!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just wana thank all the ppl that inquired and all the supporting emails!! I didn't know this car meant that much to so many~ :D :D Unfortunately, I still think it's the right thing to let it go judging from what my near term future looks like.

As of now, I am not taking anymore offers and inquiries. I am currently working out the details with it's new owner. Unless the deal doesn't go thru as planned and agreed, I will be opening up the bidding again. Or, maybe it's another sign to keep the car~ :D

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Good luck, bro. I hope she finds a happy new home. The new owner got a killer deal!

·
Registered
846 Posts
danm G i was dying to see your car in action at williow springs, one of the alfa pres asked for u, he tought i was u, i told him i didnt know where u were.... looks like roasmond dished out a bad luck streak for 3Si people...... my car is fucked for right now as well!!!! i killed it coming out of turn 1..... :mad:

V

·
0 Posts
Sad to hear you'll seel your beast.Hope she will find a good home
and owner.

By the way,what's the quarter mile time of your beast?I know
you posted it somewhere,but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
New owner

I just sent him the up front money and i am going out to pick the car up the week of the 25th of this month:D grinning from ear to ear!!!!
Just had a new kormex transmission and transfer case put in it. Ready to roll.

I live in indiana so its quite a trip. Its also my vacation. Guess i'll be bringing back a sweet souvineer!!!

Shane

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Better get a lawyer NOW. You're gonna get soooooooooo many speeding tickets. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
134 Posts
whoa

whooooooo!!!!!!! Awww man when i read "you bettered get a laywer now" my hear jumped outta my chest. I thought the next sentence was gonna say that i was gonna get screwed or something......lol

Glad it was over speeding tickets. Im a little nervous about all this.

Thought that might make someone laugh

latta
Shane

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
Nah man. George's a good guy. He introduced me to beef egg bowl! :eek: (one of my favorites at Mitsuwa! :))

1 - 20 of 36 Posts