Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn I don't know what we are going to do now. Looks like we will have to bring out the nukes!

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
lol, thats funny.

On a serious note, did anyone here about the 100% chance something bad is gonna happen within the next 7 days?

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
that thing is scary, i cold have nightmares

·
McStealthless
1,456 Posts
I heard about that, Matt....

People are saying to stay clear of the malls tomorrow. Personally, I don't know how much of it is hype and how much of it is real, but you're better safe than sorry.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Yeah, they just said this on the radio.

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
I heard that to. I'm pretty sure it's going down on Halloween, but the government doesn't want to say that and have a widespread panic in the country. So what you do if you have kids let them go trick or treating if you want (don't let them eat the candy!!!) then when you get home switch the candy with stuff you bought from a store. They'll never know the difference.

Again Don't let them eat the candy.

Don't say I didn't warn ya.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I am not worried about it here, but I would be concerned if I still lived in Orlando. I personally think it will be Disney World or the Baseball game.

·
2,248 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
On a serious note, did anyone here about the 100% chance something bad is gonna happen within the next 7 days?
I subscribe to Mr. Wakeup- a wakeup call service that calls me and delivers the news every morning at 07:30- and I had to wake up to that warning this morning. I wonder what it's going to be? Perhaps another Anthrax attack? Bombs? Who knows....

Glad I bought that 9mm last week. :D

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
OK... WHOA WHOA WHOA!!

This Halloween mall thing is just an email rumor ("please forward this"), and it has been DENIED to be a threat by the FBI! Proof can be found by clicking > HERE <

While there are warning from the FBI of something else going to go down, info here, ANY guesses as to what the threat could be are just GUESSES.

And sorry but the CANDY story is totally asinine. Read up about it HERE , CLICK! and you'll see it was investigated and no threat was found. Further, the only way it COULD have been distributed was by getting it BACK into the stores and then purchased by unknowing people who give it out. So by "going to the store and buying new candy to replace the trick or treat candy", there would be no more safety because the candy YOU buy could be the tainted candy. But that's all a moot point because THE CANDY WILL NOT BE TAINTED!!

REMEMBER FOLKS, RUMORS OF TERRORISM ARE JUST AS DANGEROUS AS ACTUAL TERRORISM. DON'T SPREAD THIS CRAP AROUND!

I'd strongly suggest looking at SNOPES.COM's TERRORISM RUMOR PAGE before believing what you read in emails or hear from friends.

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
You guys can come trick or treat at my house cause we give out old candy. So there's no way it can be poisoned. Our candy is like from last years halloween and sometimes we have old christmas candy canes.

·
2,248 Posts
JeremyG said:
I'd strongly suggest looking at SNOPES.COM's TERRORISM RUMOR PAGE before believing what you read in emails or hear from friends.
You have an excellent point, Jeremy, and I hope everyone takes heed. Rampant rumors and fear are the intended results of terrorism and we CAN NOT fall victim to their intentions. The only story about pending attacks that I choose to believe at this point is the CNN REPORT FOUND HERE.

On a related note- everyone should be aware of his/her surroundings at all times. Now more than ever, of course, but always aware. I can tell you- just from the drive into work this morning- that most people around here are COMPLETELY UNAWARE of ANYTHING around them. Sadly, these are the same people who will complain when something happens.

I can't stress my point enough- the best way to keep yourself safe is to simply BE AWARE of what is going on around you!

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I been saying that a terrorist attack on a mall is very likely since 09-11. Whether the latest reports of warning are true or not.

Think about it. There always full, so theres no time frame to work on, like a world series game, or olympics event.

They could simply be returning a big screen tv, or a refrigerator that contains a bomb. I bet it happens at the Mall of the Americas in Minnesota. Isnt that the largest indoor mall in the world, and another sign of the infidels capitalism??

Now we got Hussein from Iraq telling us to back off. We should have killed that fucker when we had the chance. :mad:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
The World series game seems like a good target for them. Bush will be there. If they could pull that off, that would be a major blow. The likelyhood of them pulling that off is low, however. The security will be tight as all hell, since the President will be in there, and they will probably patrol the air with jets just to be safe. I sincerely hope that nothing does happen, though.

·
Registered
779 Posts
yeah..theyre going to patrol the air with a squad of fighter planes over the baseball stadium

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
I don't know about specific threats. But I did hear that there was another warning put out yesterday saying that there was a good chance something was going to happen this week to us. Nothing specific was said. That was in the news this morning on my oldies radio station, not some morning show bit.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
sooner or later

something's going to happen sooner or later. If they're determined to do it, they're going to do it at no matter the cost-just like 9/11.
So we all might as well get ready because all Hell's going to break loose.
Wish it wouldn't ...but it is.
Then on top of that shit going to get crazy on our soil and they'll probably declare martial law. curfews all kinds of crazy shit.
No more going to the track for anybody.
That's just my opinion.

Semper Fi

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I can't think of what could go down. I suppose a bomb at the base ball game would be a good tagert, because Baseball is the American Sport or whatever. As far as a bomb in the mall, it would have to be really really powerful bomb to kill mass amounts of people. As long as you don't live in Florida around the area where the anthrax letters were, DC, or New jersey then I wouldn't worry about trick-or-treating. Plus, this may sound bad but ohh well just tell the kids not to accept candy from Foriegn Looking people. Especially Afghan looking people. May sound bad, but its the truth.

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 37 Posts