Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of putting my stealth in autocross or rally racing. :)

This article was/is good summary...

?It's the Disappointment That Makes Racing Worthwhile

"It comes down to this. We all spend our lives lying to ourselves and to others. We say that we are brave or handsome or successful or kind or lucky because we want to believe those things. But when the green flag flies there is no alternative but to face reality. Either you're a winner or you're a loser and the results are posted for everyone to see. In the hot blood of the race, in the moments that nobody sees but you and the driver next to you and the five spectators who aren't on their phones, that's when you understand what you're truly made of.

We could always stay home and watch racing on TV. We could dispense our sage wisdom regarding F1 or NASCAR from a barstool, comforted by tall drinks and pretty waitresses and the absolute knowledge that we'd sleep in our beds safely that night. We could spend our money on expensive exotic cars and take them to Cars and Coffee and stand around talking about them. But, my friend, I don't care to do any of those things because I want to know exactly who I am. Whether I am a winner or a loser. And I can take being either one. I just can't take being the person who doesn't have the courage to find out who he is."

·
Verified ***** Member
388 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, the thing that concerns me is that i will be using this car as a daily driver as well as driving it to the track. Should I limit my racing to certain types of races or events?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts