Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost afraid to ask this question but how old is everyone? What Year and Model do you drive? What made you buy your car its style or speed. My wife seems to think I'm too old for my car. Hope there are a couple of other old poop's out there besides Rich.

Mike O
45 yrs old
95 3000 GT SL
Style but it's also fast enough for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
38 years old...1992 3000GT SL, red. Was looking for a VR4, but got such a good deal on the SL that I couldn't pass it up! Will probably have a VR4 one day. Used to be into PONTIAC GTO's, including a 69 Judge hardtop and a 68 Convertible. The 3000's are unique around here. Everyone has an Eclipse or a Mustange, I wanted something different. All my friends think I'm going through a mid-life crisis, including my wife...although she LOVES to go for a drive with me in the 3000GT!
Randy

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sorry guy's, hate to reuin the average @ 25. I got my BLK '93 VR4 in June of '98. I wanted to get a Cobra but the wife wanted to get a 3000. So we went looking and the first one we saw was the first one we bought.
Haven't second guessed that decision yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mikeo...shhhhhh we aint too old hahahahah 45 here too...bought my baby new too
ps...check my info Mikeo

[This message has been edited by REDLINE (edited December 21, 1999).]

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am 26 and I have a '91 stealth es. I bought it from my younger brother (20) after he wrecked it. I got a hell of a deal on it, but its no TT.

p.s. I think you should drive what you want no matter how old or young you are. screw-em if they don't like it.

[This message has been edited by crashu91 (edited December 21, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Mike,

I'm 39 and I love my VR-4. This car has everything I want: plenty of power, looks, sophistication and most of all you don't see another one everytime you turn your head. I started looking at VR-4's in 93 and bought mine in October of 98.

Dan M
39 years old
1994 3000GT VR-4 (Green)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am past 55, and on my 2nd 3K GT. I currently drive a '93 VR4. You aren't nearly too old, unless you think you are!
I wish I could have gotten one when I was 45. I was stuck with a BMW 633Csi.

·
Large Member
6,163 Posts
Who's the youngest?? I'm 19, and I've have a 93 Stealth ES.. I've had since I was 18 though.. I've seen a lot of guys up here in their 70's driving VR-4's... It makes me laugh a little, but I guess there's nothing wrong with it..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Welcome To The Machine
951 Posts
Bought my '95 VR4 new in '96. Wanted to get back to "muscle cars" but hated the styling of the Camaro/Firebirds. Always like the white 3000s. Test drove a white SL and it was OK. The salesman conned me into testing a used VR4(black). It was night and day. I was hooked, had to have one. The last years model Red VR4 was priced right, after serious negotiations, so I bought it. I haven't looked back since.

I'm 40 now, bought at 37 yrs.

Bruce
3Si #0243
1995 VR4: 13.2 @ 105 mph
1985 Vette: 14.8 @ 89 mph

[This message has been edited by Bruce (edited December 21, 1999).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
49 here & I've wanted a Stealth since I first layed eyes on them! Style was the draw
for me but the quickness & handling are great bonuses. Got my '94 R/T in Aug.& have driven it 8,000 miles since. I had to wait
for the nest to empty & the college bills to end!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
47yrs young. Bought my Caracus Red 97 SL(5-speed of course) in June of 97. It still had the white plastic wrap on it. Put a FIPK and a BORLA exhaust on just after I bought it. Now I'm waiting for GT PRO to offer their MAF/Fuel controller for the non-turbos. After that, maybe the Tein suspension set-up.I love this car!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm 21 and have owned my Stealth since August of '98. I must admit I really wanted a 3KGT because I like the styling better, but I couldn't refuse the offer on this car. The Stealth's styling has grown on me though, and now I wouldn't be able to decide between which I like more.
-Scott
'95 Stealth R/T non turbo

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I am 22 now. I bought my vr4 when i was 18. (did i do crazy things with it back then that should have killed me???......yes)

i am not an average 22 year old. my youngest friend is 28. I am married and have been finalncially self sufficient since i was 16. (that means my parents did not buy my car for me.

i read somewhere that the average vr4 owner is 45 male and has an average annual income of $109k

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i'm 31 and have owned my sl for about 6 months and love it! but i couldn't resist the extreme urge so i am about to be the proud owner of a 91 red VR4!(great christmas present to thyself!) so much for the old saying 'it is better to give than to receive'.
--style, style, style, but it doesn't hurt to know that the speed is there if you need it!
kevin calvano
ps, how can you be too old to drive one of the best looking cars on the planet?!

[This message has been edited by kcalvano (edited December 21, 1999).]

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.