Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gang I've been a fan of the 3000gt for along time, and the stealth to boot is my 2nd favorite car, I just prefer the Mitsu body styling better. I'm sick of being a gawker, I want to be a driver. I'm a 17 year old male senior in highschool, with plans to move out of the city ( Green Bay, WI ) to a techinical college ( Madison, WI ) for next fall. However, I got big into the street racing scene ( yes there is street racing in GB :) ) over this summer, so I've decided a need a new car. However as I stated, I'm a 17 year old male, so insurance just hounds me. At first I wanted glory, a 92 vr4, but then I thought realisitically. I'm going to be relying on a loan from a bank and some parent help for college, so do I really want that much in insurance and plus to pay that much for a car? So what I've decided is to look for a 92 - 95 ( yes i know 2 diff styles ) Stealth R/T NA, only going with the NA for insurance reasons. I've done research, and the stealth is always lower price than the 3000gt, which can be expected, so this was my decision. As soon as I get the car I'm looking to get a bodykit to change her looks a tad, but thats future. I'm wondering what you all think of my decision? In about 7 - 8 years hopefully I'll still be big into imports and I'll go for my dream car, the 99 vr4 ( 10 years down the road I should be doing decent financially ) so opinions, ideas? thanks guys

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
Why get an R/T when you can get an ES for cheaper? Granted the body style isn't exactly all that, but you said you were planning on getting a bodykit of some sort anyway.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
That guy's right. Get ES for maybe $2K less, buy matching body panels from an R/T for a couple hundred and the only way people could tell the difference is from the inside. And cheaper insurance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting guys

i may see what goes on with that idea, it is true both the rt and the es do have the same hp, so i wouldn't be losing anything performance wise. i dunno i guess its that R/T flashy badge that caught my attention :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Actually I don't know if the insurance would be any cheaper if he got an ES vs RT... I know when I was calling my insurance co (State Farm) asking for quotes they only had 2 models of Stealths/GTs.. FWD and AWD. Different trim levels didn't matter.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Check insurance first, being a young male, insurance will rip
you a new one. There is only a cosmetic difference between
the ES and the R/T. But the only difference between the
R/T and the R/T TT is the TT's. It all depends on what you want.
You might check the Insurance on a Base Stealth. Not a race
car by any means, but it would still be good for looks. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts