Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get a quote for an exhaust i was going to do for my car....I had two turbo packs with tips and it was either between stainless steel piping or aluminum piping....the stainless steel was 360 (plus the tips, turbo packs and labor = around 675)and the alumin was like 180 (plus the tips, turbo packs and labor=450)....i mean which would you guys reccomend??

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turbo pack

the turbo pack isn't stainless steel....any type of muffler/glasspack you know of thats stainless steel?? I want the turbo pack/glasspack because it produces a raspy low pitched noise!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
stainless is really heavy, this i know. the local muffler place here told me that they reccommend and use aluminized steel and it weighs much less and won' rust. i have no verification oin this, it's just what i was told. these people apparently do good work, i just distrust auto shops of any sort out of habit

·
Registered
244 Posts
speedracer said:
I went to get a quote for an exhaust
(plus the tips, turbo packs and labor = around 675)
dude, for 675 dollars, it better be a really really good custom job. you can be a new hks, greddy or borla system for that kind of money.

·
Registered
466 Posts
the place here told me 400 even, 2 1/2 inch piping as well as a heat shield for the gas tank.....i already have the mufflers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts