Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,303 Posts
Well, we will see what happens! This could be the sale we are all waiting for lol.
Why? You planning on quitting and selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,303 Posts
But why? Cheaper to buy cars and parts if the “prices”
are low. I think the “values” are high for what you get with a clean one. If prices rise, values will be less IMO. If these cars cost Supra money, the value is less as a 6g isn’t capable of what a 2j can do for the same money. Same for transmission options. (And more money won’t fix that, hell, even GTR money is swapping away from their setups to RWD.) And no targa option. Plus they’ll be even more expensive to maintain as parts pricing will rise as well. Both new and used.

If you love the cars for what they are, rising pricing makes no sense to wish for, unless you plan to sell, or are in a 3S business that stands to gain with rising prices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The supra goes for big money because it's rwd, and the stock bottom end can hold high hp. I don't think fast and furious had anything to do with why they are so valuable. I don't see maximas going for big money, or integras.

And yea, I'll take any firebird maintenance over 3si maintenance.
If you think that movie had nothing to do with the subsequent skyrocketing of Mk IV prices I think you are being willfully ignorant.
The first fact is that the Supra is indeed a wonderful automobile. Fast, RWD, turbo, reliable and beautiful.
Of course it is more desirable than a friggin Integra. That movie showing the future popularity obsessed fanboys this already great car in action and putting a spotlight on it did much to increase the price by prominently featuring it. They couldn't even sell enough of them before cutting the model off in 2000, and now people are tripping over their dead grandmother to throw all their borrowed money away to have one.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That orange Supra that mattered was in one movie, skylines were in multiple, bit you can buy a skyline for less than or about the same as a supra depending on what you're looking for?

I wasn't looking for supras in the classifieds at the time of f and f, but I doubt they went from unwanted garbage to gold overnight from 1 movie. Lightning didn't, eclipses didn't, chargers didn't, rx7s didnt. Chargers and supras were still big money back then if I had to take a guess. I think the prices of supras would still be where they are regardless of the movie. Maybe I'm completely wrong. If that movie did have an impact why are the supras that look like they belong in that movie the cheaper ones? The cleanly modified ones or stock ones are bringing the big money. Maybe I'm crazy though lol.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,303 Posts
Good lord. Can’t believe we are talking about F&F in 2020.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That orange Supra that mattered was in one movie, skylines were in multiple, bit you can buy a skyline for less than or about the same as a supra depending on what you're looking for?

I wasn't looking for supras in the classifieds at the time of f and f, but I doubt they went from unwanted garbage to gold overnight from 1 movie. Lightning didn't, eclipses didn't, chargers didn't, rx7s didnt. Chargers and supras were still big money back then if I had to take a guess. I think the prices of supras would still be where they are regardless of the movie. Maybe I'm completely wrong. If that movie did have an impact why are the supras that look like they belong in that movie the cheaper ones? The cleanly modified ones or stock ones are bringing the big money. Maybe I'm crazy though lol.
Rx7s and Skylines did increase in price, as well as the Eclipse gsx. But it is true, not the same way as the Supra did. Like I said it's because the Supra is arguably a better car than all of those others and became the poster child for that hot new craze of JDM street racing. All it takes is for one choice to be favored at least half the time from the others, and soon you have quite the demand. And that Orange one featured in the movie is wack. Still can tell it's a cool car but that cheesy vinyl wrap didn't help it. The problem is these dumbasses of today have more cash than brains and are still feeding the hype.
I think the Supra should've capped out at 30k for an RZ or at least dropped down to that much a few years ago. I think the 3S is a great car but realistically I would argue that 25k for a clean, maintained one would be fairly proportional to the current 60k+ asking price of the Supra RZ.
Doubt it'll happen anytime soon but you never know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
With my car, the reason I paid 12k for it is because of all records, original owner, 37k miles, everything worked, paint perfect, kept in garage, never winter driven.

The car in this ad, I'd have a real hard time justifying because I'd have to pile tons of money into it to make it right, especially when great examples still exist.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
With my car, the reason I paid 12k for it is because of all records, original owner, 37k miles, everything worked, paint perfect, kept in garage, never winter driven.

The car in this ad, I'd have a real hard time justifying because I'd have to pile tons of money into it to make it right, especially when great examples still exist.

And that seems about right to me lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't get me wrong... I have a TT too... but if that was a VR4, I bet it would be 20% more. The VR4 markup. At least that's my impression; the VR4 gets more love than the TT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't get me wrong... I have a TT too... but if that was a VR4, I bet it would be 20% more. The VR4 markup. At least that's my impression; the VR4 gets more love than the TT.
Your probably right - I would say that the Dodge version had a, not a bad rap but my feeling is the damned banana takes 2 grand off right there.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,752 Posts
At least I'm doing my part. Random guy stopped at my house, asked if I wanted to sell. I over valued her because of sentimental value, said $12k. He said no, but I'm trying to raise the value. Lol

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Lol.

I like odd cars apparently. The back end of a lowered stealth is just the greatest weirdest thing. Banana and taillights that don't know where to go. It's funny how lowering a car can change that look so much.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts