Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Whos is this? We need to have a talk about why its worth $12000.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,724 Posts
Worth about 3k with no maintenance documentatiom and the interior being that ratty, imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
336 Posts
He got the color right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just like anything else, the "value" of something is as much as someone is willing to pay. I'd start high with a rare color like that. I bet it still sells for $7-8k... obviously, not to you guys. :sneaky:

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,724 Posts
Just like anything else, the "value" of something is as much as someone is willing to pay. I'd start high with a rare color like that. I bet it still sells for $7-8k... obviously, not to you guys. :sneaky:
Then whoever buys it is a fool. I don't care how rare anything is, no maintenance history is automatically half, or less, than asking price.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I WISH these cars brought that kind of money. Maybe one day they will. I never thought a 3rd gen camaro would be worth over 5k again, I also never thought 98-02 LS1 fbodys could be had for $3800 (theres one on craigslist now, not a POS either).

We all have to team up and raise the prices, but all of us know they are not worth that money unless you have a low mileage 99

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then whoever buys it is a fool. I don't care how rare anything is, no maintenance history is automatically half, or less, than asking price.

I kind of disagree. My cars dont have maintenance history, I dont save Receipts. I do use the timing belt stickers but even that someone can just slap on and say its done. I beleive driving a car is what really tells you its history.

The main problem I see with that car is the interior and the black trim peices. For 12k that all needs to be perfect. Seller needs to fix those items to even get 7-8k. BTW...I bought a 1992 vr4 with 32k miles off a member on this forum for $7600. It needed a 2nd gear synchro, but with that done it wouldve been worth the 12k asking price.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I suppose I've lived in the rust belt long enough simply overlook soft parts on a 30 yo car. This car lived in Florida, so it could be hit or miss in this case, but a southern undercarriage with a fresh paint job (if well done) would be the biggest selling points for a car that probably isn't going to be a daily driver anyway. I'd trade 75k miles and ratty seats for an assurance that the car has never lived north of the Mason Dixon line.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,724 Posts
I suppose I've lived in the rust belt long enough simply overlook soft parts on a 30 yo car. This car lived in Florida, so it could be hit or miss in this case, but a southern undercarriage with a fresh paint job (if well done) would be the biggest selling points for a car that probably isn't going to be a daily driver anyway. I'd trade 75k miles and ratty seats for an assurance that the car has never lived north of the Mason Dixon line.
It's just a hard sell when it looks like that and has no maintenance history. I get people saying they're fine with no history, and that can be okay, if you want to drop 3-5k in maintenance after buying it. Is that car worth 15-17k? Absolutely not in my opinion.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear the rust belt thing, but still.....I got this for $2500 with 130k miles....I almost feel bad for the PO every time I say it, I know it had to suck but he told me the price lol. Plus has DR650's. After 1300 in shipping....I have a completely rust free 18 year old car in Cincinnati Ohio. Needed tires and suspension work, rest is perfect, I love getting in a 1992 car that is cleaner than my 10 year old trans am.

img_20190817_192146_8e4f4e15ed4f999784862c0abff5f838f6b8c995.jpg stealth_int2_5e73fb2f204c5bc83d053492435673a01e40d28c.jpg

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wish they drove the stealth in fast and furious first movie......are cars would double in price..

But let me tell you why the Supra goes big $ and the stealth/3000gt goes home.....it is maintenance. Toyotas last for ever, Dodge does not. Nobody wants a unreliable vintage sports mobile.. 3si maintenance is more firebird than Supra. Do want to own a old firebird?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The supra goes for big money because it's rwd, and the stock bottom end can hold high hp. I don't think fast and furious had anything to do with why they are so valuable. I don't see maximas going for big money, or integras.

And yea, I'll take any firebird maintenance over 3si maintenance.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,231 Posts
I wish they drove the stealth in fast and furious first movie......are cars would double in price..
price only matters if you are trying to sell. If you like these cars for what they are, you would want the price low so you can buy as many as you want and actually makes the value of your money better. If they were double the price 15 years ago, a lot of us, wouldn't have been able to buy them.

obsession with price doesn't make sense to me.

and then you have guys trying to sell for a bit more and the whole community shits on them for the price. make up your minds :D (a clapped out mkiv supra would still fetch at least double the asking price of this 3S so why complain about the price ;) )

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats exactly the problem lol, Those in the 3/S game dont want to spend big money on them, but we all wish they were more valueable when we go to sell them lol.

I think we all know that car is a little on the high side though.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,231 Posts
If it sells it sells. If it doesn’t it doesn’t.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
1) People can ask whatever they want for their car
2) If you think it's overpriced, it's not for you, or make an offer (if you are even seriously looking)
3) It's worth what one person will pay for it

Pretty much as simple as that...everything else is just an opinion.
If I tried to sell my car I'd ask 1/2 what's totally invested, or $20K (no labor) and all I'd here is how overpriced it was...yet to me it's worth it because I know what it takes to build it. Like Eric said, it only matters if you're selling. I'd add - it only matters if you "have to sell it".
I feel bad for the member that sold that nice 1G green stealth so cheap...obviously either it didn't matter to him, or he had to sell it....in other words, he wasn't trying to optimize the return.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts