Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The cool cop!!!
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 week 'till I hit the road, but I have a couple of questions on my '91 vr4. When I bought it, it threw light colored smoke ONLY when the rpm's were high. There did not seem to be much power. I have never driven a car with turbos, so I couldn't tell if they were working or not. HOWEVER, I only drove it for a week before doing the following mods: 13g's(with line changes), bov, fuel pump, 450cc's, s-afc, b-controller (profect b), fipk, stillen d-pipe-HKS back, & 60k tune up.
With all this, do you think I'll still throw smoke and lack power??? (or does this sound like a engine problem)
Also, I do not know what type of oil was ran previously. Should I be ok running any kind of synthetic, or does someone have a preference?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Mine does that too. My stock turbos were trash, I replaced them, but the car still puffs when I get on it hard, just not near as much.
It doesn't use oil like its burning it so I think it is just the old stuff in the system coming out now and again.

Mobil 1 works well for me!

R

·
0 Posts
wether or not you will still blow smoke totaly depends on what was causing the smoke. if it was bad turbos(seals) then yes, the smoke should be all gone. If it was blown rings or other engine prob then new turbos will not cure that...Hope she is all better!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
All turbo cars smoke at WOT - it's fuel.

Although, I would have checked the engine's general health before dumping all those mods onto it if you weren't sure of its condition.

R

·
0 Posts
John M said:
All turbo cars smoke at WOT - it's fuel.

Although, I would have checked the engine's general health before dumping all those mods onto it if you weren't sure of its condition.
I agree on both counts!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
When I bought it, it threw light colored smoke
Light colored meaning bluish or whitish?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts