Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question but can anyone tell me if I can get a proper alignment done with unevenly worn tires? I'm not sure if they use the hubs to do alignments or some sort of rollers?

Essentially I have the common problem of lowering springs, AWS delete, and maxed stock upper control arms. My rear tires now have liek 80% tread on o 3/4 of the tire and 5% on the remaining 1/4. I Just ordered 3SX adjustable upper control arms, but I'm not sure if I can take it directly for an alignment afterwards or if I need to get a new set of tires first.

Thank for any input!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes, given you understand the alignment will not fix those tires; you will need new tires.

BUT, depending on how bad those tires are, they may not do it. There are so much more restrictions on safety and liability now for a shop than there used to be.

HOWEVER, if you just ordered control arms, wait and do all the suspension work you want to do first because you're just going to have to take it back for another alignment after suspension work. Same thing applies as previously stated, if you have work parts that will cause an inaccurate alignment, they will probably recommend you replace them first too.

·
Keep'n 'em spooled
2,495 Posts
As said you can get your alignment done correctly with bad tires. However, tires take a "set" when the alignment is off. That is why it is NOT recommended to rotate tires if there is uneven wear.
After the alignment you could get some vibration because of the "set" your old tires took.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys.

New tires are on the list for sure, I just haven't made up my mind on what tires I want to run and if I want to change wheels too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

New tires are on the list for sure, I just haven't made up my mind on what tires I want to run and if I want to change wheels too.
Where do you stop! It’s only money! Haha. I am like you too. My list keeps growing as well!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the wheels on the car but somehow I overlooked that (despite being the same size \ model) two are black and two are dark gunmetal grey when I bought the car.

Not sure how the previous owner managed that, but it drives me crazy. I'm just not sure crazy enough to spend $1000 on wheels when my current ones function fine and only look stupid upon close inspection lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts