Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my car <yesterday> to NTB. They performed the alignment, when I got in the vehicle, it is pulling really hard left.. to the point that i can merge left without having to turn the wheel. I took it back today, they re-adjusted it. It is still doing the same problem, just not as bad <noticeable at 40mph and above> I am planning to take it back there, again. Should I just demand a refund, o rhave them try yet again? I have all the aligment specs here if there as anyone who knows what they should be at, or atleast know what to look for.
THx in advance

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have been having the same problem--since I got the car last November. I've had the frame measured, and everything checked multiple times 3 alignments 2 sets of tires, and still the same problem. I now believe that my steering rack is the problem, as there is no resistance turning the tires (not steering wheel) when the car is lifted.

Please let my know what the problem was if you get yours fixed, and I'll definitely post whether or not my new steering rack fixes my problem. I have a clutch on the way then it's going in the shop, so shouldn't be more than a week or so till I'll know if the rack takes care of it.

Good Luck,
Steve

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
An out of round tire (or badly balanced) will do this.

Try x-rotatingf your tires like this:

1 2
3 4

1 to 4
3 ro 2

ie- to the back and opposite side

and see if it helps or if it changes the direction it which it pulls.

Ted

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to metion,it didnt perform nearly this bad, until after the aligment was performed.

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
Do you have a printout of the alignment specs? (camber/caster/etc?)

Ted

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
Well I might have a steering problem too. It doesnt pull hard, but at certain rpms/speeds, i get a load humming sound from up front. What could this be? Any suggestion/ experiences welcome.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ted: i have them, ill email them to you by the end of tonite

·
Registered
811 Posts
OK, new steering rack is in--problem still there, with a new twist. I still notice it favors the left side normally--this is after 4th alignment now. However now I notice that on acceleration it pulls harder left (as the front end lifts, or rear is pushed down), and decel back to the right (but still slightly favoring left). I also get the same change in steering disposition when the road changes slope from left to right (against the grade) and when going through curves on the highway (the road curves to the left, as I start the turn the pressure of the steering wheel suddenly tries to pull right).

I think something just wasn't tightened down enough, or correctly when installing the rack (I know they had the entire left front suspension off the car at that time too, but seems like it may be related to the prior problem as the type of slight pull seems really similar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts