Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Large Member
8,806 Posts
I'm pretty sure they all do.. except maybe the base Stealth. The only light on our car that indicates an alarm is in the lower right of the instrument panel.. I've noticed that this light doesn't always come on, but when it does, it is green and say "SECURITY".
Do you have keyless entry as well?? I'm assuming that you do.. to test your alarm, do this. Roll down your window, and then close your car door. with the keyless remote(I guess you really don't need it, but..) lock the door.. Now, since your window is open, reach inside and manually unlock your door. If you then open your door, your alarm will go off. The lights will pop up and your horn will go on/off as your lights flash on/off.. it will do this until you put the key into the door and turn it.. And you can turn on your car while the alarm is going off, either..

Again, post it if I included any discrepencies..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

·
Large Member
8,806 Posts
Oops.. I meant you CAN'T turn on your car while the alarm is going off.. Thats part of the purpose of the alarm..

-LDG

·
Large Member
8,806 Posts
I can open my trunk w/o the alarm going off..

SUTHNR.. -- I thought that I had read in my owners manual that it disables the engine, too..? Maybe not.. oh well..

-LDG
93 Stealth ES

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.