Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
corporate slave
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the cheapest way to adjust my air/fuel mixture? what are all my options?

help!

·
og
4,293 Posts
well... bottom line is i don't know of a "cheap" way to do it, plus you want to do it properly in order to make sure you don't detonate (too lean) or foul plugs (too rich). to make your a/f ratio adjustable you will first need to be able to know where you want to adjust it to, using either an a/f gauge and an egt gauge (~$250) or some dyno tuning (~$150/3 runs incl set-up cost etc). an afc is your best option for adjustment, that will allow you to trim the fuel values to what you like. what are you looking to do? perhaps we can give you a better answer with more info. why do you want to adjust your a/f ratio, better mileage, better performance, increased need (n2o, induction etc)?

- mike

·
Registered
856 Posts
Apexi's S-AFC or HKS AFR Fuel Tuner (much better IMHO, and cheaper sometimes). Its gonna run you around $300-$350 regardless.

What are you trying to do? Why do u need to adjust your air/fuel? Something in particular, or tuning?

.jon

·
og
4,293 Posts
sorry, i wasn't referring specifially to the apex'i s-afc, i was just talking about an air/fuel controller in general, i should have been more specific. i personally use the s-afc and like it. nonetheless, tell us your application and we can give you much better advice.

- mike

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
I to am looking to get some perfomance parts for my car working my way up to getting bigger turbos once everything else is complete. I am planning on getting the HKS AFR with either the 550cc 660cc (i think that is the next biggest) injectors later ojn with either the DR500 or the DR650 turbos, untill I get the new turbos here is the setp I am getting in march....
• Greddy Profec A boost controller
• DN y-pipe
• ATR Full exhaust with DN Down pipe
• Blitz BOV
• HKS AFR Fuel Tuner
What should I have shop set the specs for on the fuel tunner if i ran 11.5 for daily driving and 14.5 for racing. Also if any of you think that i should substitite one of the things up here for something else that would better my performance lt me know. Also if i get a full exhasut will i still be using my CATS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts