Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
i got a stillen and installed it myself and coming froma girl, if i can do anyone can, lol. it jsut came swith shorter bolts, that was a pain caus ei had to run tot he hardware store inthe midle, lol

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,151 Posts
It's not hard, it's just a couple of snaps to change the Stock filter. If you mean aftermarket with a new pipe, It's just bolts. Shop around and any kit you buy will be bolted right on.

-Joe

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
MAS = Mass Air Sensor

It's that black box that comes right after the intake box which the intake hose connects to. It tells your ECU how much air is flowing into your engine.

When you remove it, be very careful that you don't touch the honeycomb or bend, crush, or mangle it in anyway. When you remove your MAS, you will see what I am talking about.

I attached a pic for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
kdog109sd said:
its really easy! just remember to plug the MAS back in.
Yeah dont be like ME, lol, I forgot to plug mine back in so while I was giving it a test drive on after the install I gunned it down the street and when I stoped to take a turn the bitch stalled out on me...lol...:D :D

·
3Si Corporate Shareholder
3,784 Posts
I guarantee you we're going to get another post from linchpin in the middle of his install process. "When I turn the bolt to take off the airbox, the bolts just turn but don't losen up!! Help!!!!"

Coming from experience, you'll see what I mean. Just make sure you have a set of vice grips or something handy. Clamp down on the tabs inside of the airbox to prevent them from turning with the bolt.

Don't worry about it now. You'll see what I mean when you're trying to install it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
PRODIGY3000 said:
I guarantee you we're going to get another post from linchpin in the middle of his install process. "When I turn the bolt to take off the airbox, the bolts just turn but don't losen up!! Help!!!!"

Coming from experience, you'll see what I mean. Just make sure you have a set of vice grips or something handy. Clamp down on the tabs inside of the airbox to prevent them from turning with the bolt.

Don't worry about it now. You'll see what I mean when you're trying to install it.
No kidding I was thnking of the same thing. PITA sometimes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
i didnt have any probs liek that with mine

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Two of mine did that, doubled the time it takes to put the thing on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts