Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i popped the hood today i looked at where the air filther is, and if anyone has heard any of my last post they would understand that i am a newb at cars {a 16 year old cant know much can he?} hah well yea so i looked and there is a box that im guessing is what is holding the air filter inside, and there are these snap things that loosen the box up but i cant take the lid off yet cuz there are bolts, if i take the bolts out and look at the filter, what do i put the bolts back on to strength wise? i heard somtimes they have to be on tighter on sertain things but i dont know, any help would rock.

thanx -JOE!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
just unsnap the snaps, that's all that is holding the top on. Once you undo the snaps, lift the top off and your air filter will be staring you in the face...... Just pop out the filter, shake it off a bit, put it back in (or replace it), put the top on, pop the snaps back on, close ur hood, and that's it.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alrighty

well i went and opened the hood and looked at the air filther box, but i ran into a problem... i undid the 4 snaps and tried to lift the lid but i found that it is still attached by 4 bolts. is it alright to just take the bolts off? any info would be cool

·
Registered
91 Posts

Where are these bolts you speak of, because on 3000GT's and Stealths (and just about any other car i've ever owned), there are 4 friggin snaps, undo them and pull it off.

See the 4 circled things? Just undo them, the airbox pops off.... simple as that, if you have 4 bolts........u don't have a 3000GT or Stealth.......unless an idiot owned it before you and put 4 bolts in it, which i doubt.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ok

i see what your saying, but look at the picture and look at the bottom right snap thing...look above that a little and do u see the bolt? that greenish gray bolt? i think that is what is holding down the lid

·
Registered
91 Posts
dude, do this

undo the snaps....

Y-A-N-K T-H-E F-U-C-K-I-N-G T-H-I-N-G O-F-F

it may have been a while since it's been opened, so get forceful with it.....none of those bolts are holding the lid down... Those bolts just hold the MAS to the airbox lid....... The Airbox lid doesn't come out of the car, it comes off enough so you can change the filter........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.