Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the a/c in my 91 stealth r/t is dead...im pretty sure that it's just the freon, as the compressor is still working.
While I was going to replace it, I figured I would just get the jc whitney kit to convert from the old "evil" freon to the new type. It's about 35 bucks, plus the cost of freon (about 20), and before I do it I figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has pulled off this conversion, how hard was it, does it work, etc???

Let me know,
~matt

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
I haven't pulled this off, but I talked to a dude that has done a lot of freon conversions and he said the most crucial part is making sure all the old stuff is completely sucked out. The two don't mix and will cause problems. That's what he said. I've done it to my old Acclaim and it worked for an hour great.... then it all leaked out. :(

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know why it leaked out???
I'm trying to get some idea of others mistakes and learn from them ;-)

~matt

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
Well, he said it was because the oil included with the new stuff was not sealing because the old stuff wasn't fully sucked out. But I think I had a leak to begin with, which would explain why I had to convert in the first place. :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts