Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had turbos installed on my 92 Stealth TT. Since then my brakes have been acting strange. Whenever I get boost my brakes get stiff and dont brake well at all.

It looks like the mechanic I went to put different hoses in some parts of the car. There is one hose specifically that I noticed was different. It is the one near the back of the engine and close to the MAS. Can anyone help me with this?

·
your mom
303 Posts
brake problem

I'm not well versed with 3000 gt's or Stealths specifically yet, but it is typical to have 1 or more vacuum tanks underneath your front bumper on a turbo car to store vacuum so that your brakes and other vacuum operated devices (climate control etc.) work while there is no engine vacuum. Look to see that those tanks have vacuum and that the check valves keeping them from "leaking vacuum" back into the engine are placed properly and working. Make sense?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
No offense, but you should be happy you've got your turbos working. I've been waiting for my turbos for a month now. I hate turbo companies.

There's one vacuum hose comming off of each turbo inlet pipe just after the mas. There's also one on the little "T" pipe that splits to each turbo. :)

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
could be wrong.. but.. this happened to me once after regapping my plugs..
theres a vacuum hose that runs off the back of the plenum to the brake booster (its behind the brake resivior tank) , if its put on the wrong way that stiff brake thing happens, theres a valve in it and it has to be put back on with the arrow going a certain way
good luck. maybe this will help?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts