Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Ah, what the heck figured I'd post again after like a 3 year hiatus...

Went from the Stealth to a Civic Hybrid (which was actually pretty nice), then once we moved to Vegas I got a 94 RX-8 - very fun on the road course except not much power.

Then I bought an 06 WRX STi highly built (was a Sema show car)... ran a 12.2 on it's only run on pump gas and the low-boost fuel map (was controllable via Laptop and tuned at a shop in Arizona to IIRC 385 AWHP on high boost). Now THAT car was fun on the road course!

Then we decided to get rid of all our debt so that car went bye bye and replaced by a 2010 Kia Forte which we still have, also replaced our Durango with a Montero (the full size one) which we kept only a couple months then replaced with an 06 Dakota.. sold that and just a few months ago got a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel which I LOVE... finally back in the Turbo game even if it's a truck!

Oh, I should mention the reason I'm checking back in is because my son (many of you will remember Ryan from the NG's) is looking at buying a 1g Stealth...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Got a FD, occasionally i miss the VR4's ability to gobble up the road w/o any effort. But for driving enjoyment, dollar for dollar the FD is hard to match.

Jason
JasonY! How are you doing? Haven't talked to you in forever! Can I ask you where you got the FD? My ex had one that looked exactly like that one.

·
|RLII Photography|
3,183 Posts
Rob,

How many miles on your VR-4 now? Ever consider selling it..? :)

-A
Hmm I think it's around 83K now. I've never seriously considered selling it for a number of reasons. For one, I'm so emotionally attached to this car after almost 10 years of owning it, parting with it would be difficult. Secondly, with the way the 3/S market is I don't think it's worth any 'real' money (and probably never will be).

If I'm going to sell it, something equally as awesome has to replace it. It costs relatively very little for me to keep it around. There are a lot of cars Dani and I both want to own but all would cost significantly more than I could get for my VR-4 at this point in time. Dani's got a soft spot for the Viper GTS and I'm partial to the 'other' Japanese classics (particularly the Z32 and the astronomically priced NSX). More recently my suppressed love for German cars has come on strong so 911s are on my radar too. With Mitsubishi looking like they are discontinuing the Evo, we both are considering maybe buying a brand new X while we have the chance. Who knows? :)

Anyway, it's a long and frequently changing list but the VR-4 always fits in there. I still think it's one of the best looking cars ever made and there's just nothing out there quite like them.

·
Super Moderator
21,045 Posts
This post is just noise but I thought I would chime in with a "hallelujah." I've been sticking my nose into a couple different platforms' markets lately too. It is hard to think of any other platform outside of the 3/S where your purchase dollar goes as far.

Of course, the stability of other platforms inspires more confidence to justify the higher cost of entry ... i.e., you will probably get your $20k+ back if you ever want to sell your NSX / FD RX-7 or $30k+ back for your Viper / Supra (or your $40k+ back for your F355 / 993 turbo) ... but goddam, if you can get a nice, clean VR-4 for under $20k (or hell, Trevor's car for $16k), it becomes very difficult to justify putting twice to four times that much on the line just to change flavors, even if that overhead is relatively stable. :eek:

·
Registered
17,522 Posts

·
Bored User
8,533 Posts
^ Very nice! I've always loved the 360. If I could maintain one myself without destroying the resale, it would be tough not to have one.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Nice 360!

I've had corvettes and other GM products mainly. I'm down to a completely reasonably slow street car and doing an engine swap on an open wheel car right now for track work.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
After I sold my Stealth to a guy in Ohio, I bought a Mercury Milan. Subtle, understated and quick enough to make a functional DD.

If I die tomorrow, I'd rather be buried in a pine box than it, though.

·
Trogdor strikes again!
2,318 Posts
I bought an Audi S4 (used) after I sold my last VR4. It's the 4.2L V8 (NA), and I had the exhaust and ECU done, putting it around 375hp or so. Missed the 3S platform though, so I'm back in the game ;)

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Nice to see the forum is still going strong. Still have my 91 RT-TT that I bought in 1993.
No one here but us old farts. lol
I still have my 91 Stealth RT TT also. I have had several other cars since but this is the one I'm keeping.

Funny, we only have 1 topic in the over 10yr section. lol

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
I bought a Cayman S then sold that got a BMW 135 M-Sport. Sold the BMW and now just have the Volvo XC90 AWD. The new Cayman S with PDK looks bonerriffic! I really liked the extra displacement in the 997.2 Carrera S, but I liked the way the Cayman drove over the Carrera. No clue what fun car will come next for me, but I always have my eye out :)

·
Mitz Fanatic
127 Posts
for me (him) a 2009 Z06 3LZ in cyber grey metallic tuned 550 HP
the LS7 is a monster engine

for her a white 2011 Camaro 2SSRS L99 tuned 425 hp

·
23 year old VR4
1,888 Posts
I can't believe I'm still here after 12 years, wow.

Still have my VR4... I think about selling it from time to time, especially when it has issues. And I think about what I'd replace it with... It's very difficult to narrow it down to one car. For the combination of price, performance, looks, character... nothing compares. Especially given the fact that I already know every bolt on these cars inside and out and can do all my own work.

It's still looking good and running good, but I don't know how much longer I'll keep it.

With that said, some other cars I would look at if I do decide it's time for a change:
S2000, 350Z/370Z, Porsche Boxter, M3, Corvette, CTS-V

·
Banned
356 Posts
I cant be on here long enough to go through the whole thread at once , because the nurse keeps feeding me pills and I forget where I was , but has any one mentioned the new Nissan gtR or even got one :p

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow, I just got this message and forgot how long I haven't been here. I'm actually looking at a BMW 435xi right now. My 3000 is for sale.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts