Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
997.2 GT3. There is no substitute...Unless the 991 variant is even better...

Jason

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I want to own a 997 turbo S or a GTR at some point. Having never driven either, I cant say I would love it more then the VR4. I also want to buy a V8 M3 as a commuter but it may be too harsh to take into NYC every day

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Wife and I are looking in the $35K range right now and it's actually pretty difficult

'96-'99 Viper GTS
Lotus Elise
'09+ BMW 335i
Benz SL600
Porsche Cayman S
370Z

If it were totally up to me and I had a little more to play with, I think I'd get a C6 Z06 and ignore how common they are. I'm not particularly excited by the prospect of an NA 4 or 6 cylinder, but there just isn't a clear winner. The car will be a nice weekend toy only.

·
?Mark
16,570 Posts
we want a Cadillac CTS-V a good family car for daily driving but we will hang on to the 3S 's as long as we can and then be buried in it, two for each lol.

·
og
4,293 Posts
ford gt.

·
og
4,293 Posts
although that's the next acquisition, it's not a replacement :)

·
Bored User
8,533 Posts
The car will be a nice weekend toy only.

Out of that list, definitely go with the Viper. It's an impractical, uneconomical, borderline abusive, attention-getter that's a blast to drive -- the perfect weekend-only toy! Seriously, they're great cars with a very stable resale, and aside from rear tires are cheap to own/maintain.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Out of that list, definitely go with the Viper. It's an impractical, uneconomical, borderline abusive, attention-getter that's a blast to drive -- the perfect weekend-only toy! Seriously, they're great cars with a very stable resale, and aside from rear tires are cheap to own/maintain.
Nice, thanks! Funny how polarizing Vipers are. Can't wait to start test driving. I'm also very open to suggestions if you see any cars that SHOULD be on that list.

·
|RLII Photography|
3,183 Posts
I'm sure there will be lots of others (there already has been) but I'll always have my VR-4. I love it every bit as much as I did when I bought it almost 9 years ago.

My Legacy is a near perfect DD. That said, I have really fallen in love with my wife's Evo X. If they made one in wagon form I'd probably have one in my driveway. It kills me Mitsu didn't bring the Evo IX wagon here to the states.

The only step up from the Legacy would be a CTS-V wagon. We'll see where they fall in price in another couple of years and if I can stomach having another vehicle that gets a realistic 12-14 mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I picked up a Lotus Elise last year, but I'm keeping the Stealth as well.

I think next I'm going to do an 06+ Viper. After that I'll see where Ferrari 360 prices are.

No plans to sell the Stealth though, so I guess bury me in it.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Nice, thanks! Funny how polarizing Vipers are. Can't wait to start test driving. I'm also very open to suggestions if you see any cars that SHOULD be on that list.
Adam, make sure you look into SC exige/elise. You're not going to like going from your current car to the standard elise. The lack of torque and need to rev the piss out of it will bother you, imo.

Definitely look at the 98-03 Esprit. It's insanely easy to get them to 500 hp and they're a ton of fun.

I was in the same boat last year and chose the Elise for reliability and solid, predictable resale value; and also because I had done the straight-line thing with the Stealth already, so I wanted a handling focus.

·
-=Redneck=-
1,480 Posts
I will never get rid of my 3S. It will meet a flaming grave before I let someone else have it. But after that I will take whatever the fastest cool looking Electric car that is out at the time of my 3S's demise. +1 For not having to deal with CA Smog laws anymore :)

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Adam, make sure you look into SC exige/elise. You're not going to like going from your current car to the standard elise. The lack of torque and need to rev the piss out of it will bother you, imo.

Definitely look at the 98-03 Esprit. It's insanely easy to get them to 500 hp and they're a ton of fun.

I was in the same boat last year and chose the Elise for reliability and solid, predictable resale value; and also because I had done the straight-line thing with the Stealth already, so I wanted a handling focus.

Really appreciate the input. I'm not a fan of the esprit styling (too 80's). Can you give me a quick run down of the differences between the Elise SC and the Exige? If you need me to limit you to a year, try 2008. Which would you rather have? Quick autotrader search indicates the exige will cost about $10K more for the same year/mileage as the elise SC.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Adam, ever consider a Miata?
Ha... Ha... Ha...

Long story short, yes. I've test driven at least 3 of them over the years including one of the mazdaspeed turbos. I really like them, especially the interior, but haven't found one that was in good enough condition to buy.

Basically each time I've been car shopping I've tried to find suitable Miatas and been unsuccessful to the point I had to settle for something else to fill my 'daily beater' needs.

Maybe it's for the best, apparently my current Kia POS is less :supergay: than Miatas :rolleyes: (I HATE car stigmas and apparently SLK350's suffer from it as well, in spite of being a hard top vert and making 300 hp)

·
Super Moderator
21,045 Posts
Ha... Ha... Ha...

Long story short, yes. I've test driven at least 3 of them over the years including one of the mazdaspeed turbos. I really like them, especially the interior, but haven't found one that was in good enough condition to buy.

Basically each time I've been car shopping I've tried to find suitable Miatas and been unsuccessful to the point I had to settle for something else to fill my 'daily beater' needs.

Maybe it's for the best, apparently my current Kia POS is less :supergay: than Miatas :rolleyes: (I HATE car stigmas and apparently SLK350's suffer from it as well, in spite of being a hard top vert and making 300 hp)
Too bad you haven't been able to find one. You should keep your eye out ... good / cheap ones don't last long when pop up. Mine is not the prettiest but it cost me $450 and is a blast, and runs pretty well too. Abram was able to overcome the stigma ... of course, they do make helpful stickers for the sake of additional transparency. :p

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
Am I the only one going the wrong direction? My Stealth slowly relegated itself to daily driver status which it failed at and is now awaiting repair while I bought a more practical coupe (Pontiac G6 GTP) to get me to the office. Once the Stealth is fixed it's time to sell :(

So in a way the G6 replaced it. Not really on the level of Vipers, GTs, or Lotuses (Lotii?)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts