Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of setting up an infinity for my vr4. Any that has done this or can confirm:

engine displacement: 181
Ignition type: wasted spark
Injection type: sequential or semi-sequential?
Firing order:
Airflow Calvert method: VE?
Main spark map load axis: ?
VE Table Load axis: ?

17,408 Posts
Hi Cliff,

We recently sold a infinity setup to mjannusch and he may be able to help.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you get this set up I'd be very interested in a write-up. There isn't much out there for the infinity series and this platform. I know the series 2 is plug and play, and more than sufficient for most applications on this platform, but I'd sure love to be able to use the new hotness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I’d love to do a write up. I’m working on it. Boomslang makes a harness for the infinity to the 3000gt. IMR America is hooking me up with Custom timing blade for the Older 3000gt CAS sensor. You have to use a CAS from a 91-93 I believe in order to get a timing signal to the infinity.

If someone can help me figure out how to fill in all these parameters, I’ll definitely do a detailed write up. I think these parameters are pretty commonplace, I just don’t know all the correct terminology in order to be 100% certain I’m inputing the proper data.

If you get this set up I'd be very interested in a write-up. There isn't much out there for the infinity series and this platform. I know the series 2 is plug and play, and more than sufficient for most applications on this platform, but I'd sure love to be able to use the new hotness.
I’m in the process of setting up an infinity for my vr4. Any that has done this or can confirm:

engine displacement: 181
Ignition type: wasted spark
Injection type: sequential or semi-sequential?
Firing order:
Airflow Calvert method: VE?
Main spark map load axis: ?
VE Table Load axis: ? View attachment 288046
Hi Cliff,

We recently sold a infinity setup to mjannusch and he may be able to help.
many idea how to catch his attention? Lol. I’m new to this forum

17,408 Posts
Man I’d love to do a write up. I’m working on it. Boomslang makes a harness for the infinity to the 3000gt. IMR America is hooking me up with Custom timing blade for the Older 3000gt CAS sensor. You have to use a CAS from a 91-93 I believe in order to get a timing signal to the infinity.

If someone can help me figure out how to fill in all these parameters, I’ll definitely do a detailed write up. I think these parameters are pretty commonplace, I just don’t know all the correct terminology in order to be 100% certain I’m inputing the proper data.

many idea how to catch his attention? Lol. I’m new to this forum
Start a conversation with him using that username. Its a menu option in the upper right.

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,423 Posts
Engine:
I set my software units to metric, so my displacement is set to 3.5L, but yours would be 3.0L if a stock motor.
6 cylinders
4 stroke
Wasted Spark
1 per engine cycle (Sequential Injection)
1A-2A-3A-1B-2B-3B
1-2-3-4-5-6 (This is different than what you have, and you should use this value)
VE
MAP [kPA]
MAP [kPA]

Tuning Preferences:
Key Off Commit enabled

Cam/Crank:
Universal 12 Hall Crank & 1 Hall Cam (Using a 24-tooth CAS disc with one Cam slot)

Set up your throttle range.
Make sure you disable the injectors in the Outputs Wizard and sync up your timing before cranking it with fuel enabled.

Beyond that, I'd say my setup will be different from yours, as I made my harness from scratch and have no idea how Boomslang wired up any options on their harness.

·
Pro xfercase destroyer
5,423 Posts
You also don't need a "custom" timing disc. Any of the DSM 24-slot discs will work in our 1G CAS. Now if IMR were to make a custom 2G crank and cam trigger wheel set, that would be something interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats a great Point. Ill bring that up to him. Thank you for those parameters. A couple of questions, My engine has been bored one size over stock. I put wiseco pistons in it.

And are you saying I should use the 1-2-3-4-5-6 or the 1a-2a-3a-1b-2b-3b? I have the factory coil set up.

You also don't need a "custom" timing disc. Any of the DSM 24-slot discs will work in our 1G CAS. Now if IMR were to make a custom 2G crank and cam trigger wheel set, that would be something interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha I wonder where I came up with 1-5-3-6-2-4.
And with my Pistons being 91.5 mm, would I still be at 181cc or 3.0L?

Injectors are 1-2-3-4-5-6. You had 1-5-3-6-2-4. Your coil settings are correct for stock wasted-spark coils.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,132 Posts
Technically the stock displacement is 2.972L with the 91.1mm bore and 76mm stroke. Going to a 91.5mm bore only raises the displacement to 2.998L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts