Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this car and have been going over a few things. It has a few mods such as this fuel pressure reg, elec boost controller, downpipe, fuel pump hot wire kit etc. It also has new injectors which the previous owner thought were either stock replacement or maybe 1 notch above stock. My goal is to have the car running properly at 12-13 psi and just keep it working good and setup safe. It has a fuel pressure gauge on the rail. What should the pressure be at idle with a mild setup like this? Thanks

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
Assuming 3bar base fuel pressure... you should be seeing 34-36psi at idle depending on vacuum.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. Should I leave the aem adjustable for a stockish car or should I convert back to the stock unit?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
Most welcome. You can leave it especially if a FP upgrade is in the cards. An AFPR can help with part-throttle knock that occurs with a slow responding stock unit (or overrun)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does that sound like a safe setup with correct fuel pressure at 13psi? I really don’t want to get into all the other tuning stuff And data logging, worrying about detonation etc

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,111 Posts
Well... ironically, without logging, nobody can really tell you how safe and proper (or not) the car is running. Even completely stock cars can be amiss.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow I didn’t know that, so what is the easiest way to data log? Any plug in type device? I’m not familiar with older obd1 stuff, but I have used hp tuners for gm applications. And if I am getting detonation, does the ecu have to be sent to somebody that can put a custom tune into it? Or is there a piggy back type programmer for them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts