Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Below is how I am choosing to wire in all the Sensors/Controllers/Gauges for my conversion to AEM Series 2 ECU (30-6311).

Interior
AEM 30-0300 X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Sensor
Since these have gauges and the wires are feed directly into the Cabin all wiring is directly on the ECU Harness.
Block A on the UEGO gauge - has 10 pins.

Pin 1 Red - wired to NON-ECU Switched +12V - I put a 5A fuse in for each O2 and wired to ignition switch Pin 4, Black wire with White stripe. I also wired in a 10a fuse before connecting each O2. This setup also feeds power to my AEMNet connector that powers my X-Series Gauges. The guide I used for this was Wiring Tips - Power, Lights, and Ground Connections for the Mitsubishi 3000GT/Dodge Stealth
Pin 2 Black - wired to chassis Ground (Just a wire leading to a bolt near the clutch pedal).
Pin 9 White - wired to ECU Pins 55 and 56 - I have 2 Wideband O2 Sensors and gauges
Pin 10 Brown - wired to ECU Pin 72 which is Sensor Ground

NOTE: the rest of the pins are taped off (not together) as they are not needed.

NOTE: I had wired the power and ground to ECU however asking a different question to AEM Support I was told all gauges should be wired to External Power and Ground and not to use the ECU for them.

AEM 30-3431 Net Adapter
This adapter connects the AEM Series 2 to the AEMNet to provide the X-Series Gauges (30-0312) with communications from the AEM Series 2 ECU.
This adapter comes with 2 wires exposed (white and green) but you will need to slice it open and expose the other 2 wires (Red and Black) to provide power to the 30-0312 gauges.
White Wire CAN1L - connect to ECU Pin 57/77 the wire comes with an ECU pin already on it, extract the existing pin and push the new pin into the slot. On the 91-93 there is no existing pin on the ECU harness.
Green Wire CAN1H - connect to ECU Pin 67/87 the wire comes with an ECU pin already on it, extract the existing pin and push the new pin into the slot.
Red Wire this takes a +12v from the battery, not the ECU so I connected this to the new lead I made to connect the O2 Wideband AFR Gauges above (30-0300).
Black Wire this takes Chassis Ground which I connected to the new lead I made also for the AFR gauges.

We removed the 30-0312 gauges and replaced with 3 GaugeArt Displays - the AEM gauges would only display boost as a % of engine load!!! The GaugeArt gauges while pricey are much more flexible and usable. Other than changing the AEM Net Telemetry they work just like the AEM units.
AEM 30-0312 X-SERIES AEMNET CAN BUS GAUGE DISPLAY
We replaced the center 3 displays in the dash with 3 of these X-Series gauges.
Super easy to connect as there are daisy chain plugs that one of the leads connects to 30-3431 directly above, these daisy chain plugs provide power and communications with the Series 2 ECU to display a variety of ECU readings.

Engine Bay
AEM 30-2130-50 50 PSIA or 3.5 Bar MAP Sensor
+5v Sensor Power - Pickup Pin 1 on the Stock MAF Connector, Color Green w/Yellow
Stripe wire which connects to ECU Pin 61
Sensor Ground - Pickup Pin 5 on the Stock MAF Connector, Black Wire which connects to ECU Pin 72 Sensor Ground
MAP Signal Wire - Pickup Pin 2 on the Stock MAF Connector, Orange Wire which leads to ECU Pin 65.

NOTE 1: No Pin references on the MAP connector, please reference the plug diagram on the installation manual to figure out which wire you need to use from the sensor.

NOTE 2: In the AEMTuner Software under 'options full list' you will need to reconfigure the MAP sensor to use Pin 65 instead of Pin 53.

AEM 30-2010 Air Inlet Temperature Sensor
Signal Wire - Pickup Pin 6 on Stock MAF Connector, Red w/Blue stripe Wire which leads to ECU Pin 52
Sensor Ground - Pickup Pin 5 on Stock MAF Connector, Black Wire which leads to ECU Pin 72 Sensor Ground

NOTE: I did not list AIT wires by pin because the note from the installation manual states:
Wiring to your EMS: Polarity does not matter. Take one wire and tap it to sensor ground at the ECU connector and take the other wire and hook it up directly to the AIT (air intake temp) sensor input on the EMS.

AEM 30-2012 Fluid Temperature Sensor for Oil Temp
Signal Wire - Wire to ECU Pin 112/42 ADCR15
Sensor Ground - Pickup Pin 5 on Stock MAF Connector, Black Wire which leads to ECU Pin 72 Sensor Ground
Still need to add the 2.2k ohm pull up resistor

AEM 30-2130-150 Oil Pressure Sensor - 150 PSIg
Signal Wire - Wire to ECU Pin 111/41 ADCR16
+5v Sensor Power - Pickup Pin 1 on the Stock MAF Connector, Color Green w/Yellow

MAC 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA Electronic Boost Controller (EBC)
One Wire goes to switched +12V, Pickup Pin 4 on the Stock MAF Connector, Red Wire which leads to ECU Pin 12/25
Other wire goes to Solenoid Block Harness Pin 5 which leads to ECU Pin 105. I ended up cutting all but the white wire on the connector block that lead to the old group of solenoids and then cutting the white wire on the other end next to the 2 prong plug that connected to the stock Boost Control Solenoid.

NOTE: The Solenoid Block Harness is the 6 pin Plug that connects to the group of solenoids on the firewall as shown in this picture:

NOTE: Which wire you hook to +12v and which to signal does not matter per the installation manual.

AEM 30-2200, 30-2201 Flex Fuel Sensor
Pin 1 | Vcc - Battery +12V - Pickup Switched BATTERY from front windshield wiper motor Pin 3, blue wire with red stripe.
Pin 2 | GND - Battery Ground - Pickup an Isolated Chassis Ground next to the wiper motor where the large battery cable connects to the firewall.
Pin 3 | Vout - Sensor Output - Pickup Pin 3 on the Stock MAF Connector, Blue w/Yellow Stripe Wire which leads to ECU Pin 70 Which on stock is Volume Air Flow Sensor however on the AEM 30-6311 it is T4.

NOTE 1: You can use a GM Flex Fuel Sensor instead of the AEM and save yourself some $$$. I didn't do enough research prior to purchase so I got the expensive AEM version - oh well!

NOTE 2: I have a support query with AEM to see if there is any problem with using ECU Power and Ground VS the Battery Power and Ground specified in the installation Manual.
Response:
Flex fuel sensors do not tie into sensor ground and cannot be powered from the ECU. Grab 12V switched power from a local source of where the sensor is located, ie Injectors or coils.

The ground for the Flex Fuel sensor should also be an isolated chassis ground.
Pyng Thai
Technical Support
AEM Performance Electronics
(310) 484-2322 Ext. 252
www.AEMElectronics.com

NOTE 3: I have in my notes that the Flex Fuel sensor can be connected to T3, T4, or Switch 2-6. I don't remember where I picked up that information but if anyone knows anything contradictory please let me know. AEM Support confirmed that Switch 2-6 and T4 will all work. Not sure about T3 as support didn't specify that one.

So for the 4 sensors/controllers in the engine bay above I didn't have to run any wires into the cabin and all but 3 wires are located in the stock MAF plug.

My reason for posing this is because I had to hit up a BUNCH of places/threads/etc to find all this information and wanted to give back to the community with a single place to find this information.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
For the MAP sensor, you can also just use Pin #2 since the other two pickups are at the MAFS harness already. Personally, I prefer having the WB on its own circuit especially if you are using two (2) of them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the MAP sensor, you can also just use Pin #2 since the other two pickups are at the MAFS harness already.
I'm not quite following, I thought the MAP sensor wire had to lead to ECU Pin #53(73 on 94+).
Stock MAF Connector Pin 2 leads to ECU Pin #65.

So can the MAP Signal be reconfigured in the AEM Tuner Software to use pin #65? (which shows as Available, 0-5v Sensor Input.

Personally, I prefer having the WB on its own circuit especially if you are using two (2) of them.
Not certain what you mean here either but that is just because I probabily don't know how to read the Manual Electrical Wiring Diagrams. On Page 90 it shows ECU Pins 12/25 as linked so would it matter which pin I pulled power from?.... I'm guessing it does.

So should I wire 1 UEGO to Pin 12 and the other to Pin 25? Is that what your saying?

Thanks a bunch for your input, your information about the +12v is here in this thread of course.

17,341 Posts
Very similar to how I did it, but pin 53/baro temp wire was dead on my 1995.

17,341 Posts
So does anyone have any suggestions where I can pickup an Switched +12V BATTERY power and Isolated Chassis Ground for the Flex Fuel Sensor as the AEM Tech Support said I needed? Note I have NOT yet searched for this information.
The windshield wiper motor, upper left pin I think, but I could check later.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
I'm not quite following, I thought the MAP sensor wire had to lead to ECU Pin #53(73 on 94+).

So can the MAP Signal be reconfigured in the AEM Tuner Software to use pin #65? (which shows as Available, 0-5v Sensor Input.
Yes, it can. The point I was making was to keep all of your wiring at the MAFS connector instead of having one wire go to EGR-T.

Not certain what you mean here either but that is just because I probabily don't know how to read the Manual Electrical Wiring Diagrams. On Page 90 it shows ECU Pins 12/25 as linked so would it matter which pin I pulled power from?.... I'm guessing it does.

So should I wire 1 UEGO to Pin 12 and the other to Pin 25? Is that what your saying?

Thanks a bunch for your input, your information about the +12v is here in this thread of course.
Most welcome! Your plan can work. I was simply stating that I prefer to have them on a separate switch/relay for dedicated power. WB's tend to have a slighter higher amperage draw than other sensors. For example, your 30-0300 has a nominal 1.5A and peak 3.0A. The MAC solenoid should only be around 0.45A, in comparison.

So does anyone have any suggestions where I can pickup an Switched +12V BATTERY power and Isolated Chassis Ground for the Flex Fuel Sensor as the AEM Tech Support said I needed? Note I have NOT yet searched for this information.
All of your referenced +12v (switched) above should be passing through the MFI relay. If you want dedicated power, then just run your own relay.

Hopefully this helps!

-Alan

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait... Alan!... Wait
Don't overlook my most important question to you LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan View Post
For the MAP sensor, you can also just use Pin #2 since the other two pickups are at the MAFS harness already.

17,341 Posts

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
Haha yes, it can. I had to edit my earlier response to break up the quote. It will be in the "options full list" window.

-Alan

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The windshield wiper motor, upper left pin I think, but I could check later.
Looks like Pin 3 on the Front Wiper Motor?
Page 317 on the Electrical Manual.

Again I'm not sure since my mastery of reading electrical diagrams is at the novice level.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha yes, it can. I had to edit my earlier response to break up the quote. It will be in the "options full list" window.

-Alan
SUPER!!!! Man you just made my day! I really didn't want to tap into the EGR Temp since I hate a single wire running elsewhere when the rest are running to the MAF Connector. I'll update the original post with your information!

Again can't thank you enough!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have revised the initial post now that I have everything wired up, I added the AEMNet and Multi-Function X-Series Gauges to the list. I have not yet tested as I'm still putting just a few more pieces of the car together but if I find something I screwed up I'll be sure to update the initial post once I have it fixed and tested.

Hopefully someone will find this useful.

·
Doc
1,487 Posts
Running my MAP sensor wire to pin 65 instead of 53. How do I reconfigure under "full options list"? I found the list but can't find what I need to edit, or how to edit.

Can someone post a screenshot?
AEM dummy just trying to get his car to start

Thanks

BSN-CCRN, 68W, EMT

17,341 Posts
Running my MAP sensor wire to pin 65 instead of 53. How do I reconfigure under "full options list"? I found the list but can't find what I need to edit, or how to edit.

Thanks

BSN-CCRN, 68W, EMT
Go to the sensors tab and find the options - map sensor. Change the map analog input. You will have to review the pinout in the installation manual to see what input 63 is.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
^^What Chris said - should look like this for you on a '93 VR-4:

-Alan

Thanks

BSN-CCRN, 68W, EMT

1 - 20 of 30 Posts