Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this isn't exactly the place to do this but I figured it was excusable. I just test drove a '95 Stealth RT/TT. Black, tan leather, glass top, 107K, GREAT shape except for scrape on front bumper, engine compartment clean, and drives nicer than the 2 other Stealths I've looked at. The guy is asking $10,995 and I talked him down to $10,250. I've been looking everywhere and finally found my baby (hopefully!) I think I'm getting a killer deal but just wanted to run it by you guys for the final thumbs-up. Any common problems I should check for? Lemme' know cause I'll have to move on this deal by the end of the week. THANKS!!!

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
hmm, price sounds kinnda low,my 94 is costing $15,000

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! Take the deal, even if it has a broken tranny its not a horrible deal...well it would just be ok then. But Damn...take it!!!

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Hell yeah take that deal. Granted there might be things wrong with it. But you can afford to fix them if your only paying 10,250 for a 95 TT. Best price i've ever seen for that car.

·
Registered
376 Posts
i found a 1997 VR4 with 17k original miles on it for 12k once.. not a god damn thing wrong with it...and not a single mod....it was as new looking and working as the day it got off the assembly line... sucks i wasn't able to purchase it....at least i got to ride in it..i think that's best i've ever seen for one..

but damn...that deal for the stealth...is infact.. a deal.. take it!

m.s.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I've been approved for the loan but I'm checking my local bank to see if I can get a better APR and 48mo term. I'm selling my Mazda MX6 LS tommorow to a friend and so I should have my new baby friday or saturday. I know the price is low but the thing looks pristine (except for the bumper gash). The engine compartment, paint, leather, all of it. I am freakin' PUMPED!!! I keep praying everything goes well and the deal doesn't fall out from under me. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully have some pics of my new ride this weekend. THANKS!!!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HERE SHE IS!!!

1995 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
Freshy acquired by Damon

She's got a shudder in the tail end at high torque (clutch? transaxle? CV?) and I'm having her looked at tonight. Otherwise, I absolutely LOVE her! Good to finally have my own 3SI ride to talk about now!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Im they type of person would never spen that on a car with 100k miles, because with loan your probablly payne more like 13...BUT

Im not a fan of second gen stealths either, AND still

That looks like a really sweet car. As long as u dont have to pump any money in! VERY SWEET RIDE!

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Very nice choice for a car... However, do the 60K tuneup immediately, because most likely you are way overdue. I bought my 1991 Stealth turbo for $7400 about 6 months ago... only had 51k miles on it, and never driven in the rain at all, always garaged, the guy was rich and only took it to work on nice days. I am jealous you have the 6-spd though... it's the only thing I envy that the 2nd gens have... Here's a pic of my baby, only 93 turbos in this color ever made!

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it had higher miles but that's the only reason I could afford it in the first place... recent college grad and all! I plan on giving this car to my kid (if I have any) or being buried in it so I'll just have to fix whatever's wrong. She's gonna end up tweaked with a purple paint job hopefully. Nice ride UTRacerX9... gotta love those curves. Hey, where can I find info on how many of my car they made in '95? In the black and everything? That 6-speed does seem to make some people drool. Not too important but it'll be nice on the open road!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Purple....what the hell is wrong with you! It looks nice the way it is! Purple *slapping u upside the head*

actually ther eis a nice blue/purple that is cool...but purple....I think of prince..and grapes!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1 of 11!?!?!? No freakin' way! BSWhelchel... you just made my year! That's pretty cool... I knew the black Stealths were rare, but not THAT rare! My mech looked at her and says the engine is misfiring... fuel can't keep up with the turbos... maybe need a new pump.... he' doing the whole 60K... more info to follow. As far as the PURPLE issue... I plan on upgrading her performance-wise first and then worrying about her aesthetics. I love purple and figured it'd be about as unique as I could get. God, I love this forum... it's great to have some cool guys to talk tech with. Peace...

Damon

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice ride. Take it easy on 4000rpm clutch dumps. Will kill the
tranny before you know it. Can't believe you bought the car
so cheaply. Nice find. :D And welcome to the Stealth gang!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts