Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I have my dash apart repairing the AC computer I figured I would go ahead and put a more modern stereo in the Stealth. The factory two piece unit is in perfect condition, but I'd like to put in a navigation HU that supports USB music (FLAC).

I have a Pioneer AVIC-5000NEX in my Montero that has treated me well although that unit is no longer available. Is there a recommended unit that matches the 3000GT/Stealth console?

On the same subject, is there a good source for the double din fascia?

Thanks,
Vanroth

·
TPW: The Prophet
4,183 Posts
I have an 8000NEX in mine and have been happy with it; the newer NEX units should be able to meet what you're looking for and look nice in the interior as well. Another option would be to shop the used market for another 5000NEX at a reduced price.

As for the double DIN facia, you will need that as well as the double DIN brackets as they're different too. If you use the dual single DIN brackets, it will mount the double DIN headunit too high for the double DIN trim piece/facia. If you cannot get the parts from the dealer, there is bound to be a partout somewhere that should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
3sx has them I think. I got mine from either them or ninja a couple years ago

·
Registered
790 Posts
Im using a ATOTO A6 Pro A6Y2721PRB, android radio.
Seems to be doing well so far.
Still working on getting it to fit the factory trim ring without a gap but other than that it does alot for a decent price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts