Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just looked under the hood of my SOHC Stealth and saw that there was a lot of slack in the throttle cable. How do I adjust this to eliminate the slack? Could this be making my car respond slower to me pressing on the gas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I adjusted it and now I have it right where I want it. You've been more help to me then anyone else on this board Stealthee, thanks alot. :)

Reactions: PuckVader

·
Registered
9 Posts
Funny, agree with Ohio Stealth, this simple 1st pass explanation to adjust idle is much better than going all the way to to IAC, paper clip jumper discussions before trying this simple check. Yeah, it's an old post, but so are our cars, haha !

·
Registered
213 Posts
This may sound like splitting hairs, but I don't think Ohio Stealth wasn't talking about "adjusting idle". It's not really a good practice to "adjust idle" on fuel injected cars by adding throttle input; it just masks the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This may sound like splitting hairs, but I don't think Ohio Stealth wasn't talking about "adjusting idle". It's not really a good practice to "adjust idle" on fuel injected cars by adding throttle input; it just masks the problem.
Understood, I'm probably just a noob using the wrong terminology, but found that my throttle cable was a little tight (from previous owner) and just by loosening a little, solved my problem so I'm a happy guy. I do appreciate the feedback though as I only know what I know and there's a damn lot more that I don't get,but trying to learn so thanks for the clarification !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts