Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a crazy question but I'm gonna ask anyway.
A friend of mine and me were talking car stuff the other day and the subject of NOS came up and I was thinking since NOS is used to increase O2. What would happen if you added pure O2 (like what people use to breath). Would pure O2 be to flamable and detonate the engine or would it be something that could be done???

Thanks guys

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Pure O2 is VERY flammable, engine go bye-bye. Nitrous Oxide in comparison is not (any explosion is from pressure not burning :rolleyes: ). I still wanna see a Hydrogen-Oxygen fuel cell 3000GT :D The only emissions would be water! Imagine going out for a spin, turning a little knob at the rear of your exhaust, and pouring yourself a nice glass of completely pure water! It'd probably already be boiling too, just toss some pasta in your intake, out comes dinner!

·
That Others May Live
3,845 Posts
Hehe, rumor has it that is GT-PRO's next project... right Brian???

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've also heard that the nitrogen is a "stabalizing agent" and helps to kinda of "control the combustion."

Is this true? Can anyone elaborate for me? I'd really like the facts as opposed to "this one guy, knows this guy, that talked to this guy one time ...."

.jon

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I know that there is mainly Nitrogen in the air we breath and only about 25% O2, but NOS has about 36% O2. I was just trying to figure out if maybe you put a nozzel some where in the intake to up the O2 that our engines were breathing in to about 50% instead of 36%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts